• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite Bourbon

Here's a low dollar that competes with the big boys. Beats Weller, Bulleit, Makers, buffalo Trace and others, some not cheap either. Its 10 years old and a single barrel bourbon. Try it, I find it locally for 26.99 to 29.99.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
If you are talking about the Staggs, yes it is dark...but it is unfiltered. what you see is just how it came out of the barrel, full proof. Generally, bourbon is then cut down to 90 proof or so further "lightening it" The Staggs is full flavored fire water, but the Pappy is way more refined. That said, these are ALL fine whiskey to be sure.''The Pappy 20 year almost has a red hue to it, and the flavors just keep coming. I really think the 12 year lot B bests it slightly. Again, we're talking minor degrees and differences, all of these are way fine to be sure.:yes:

Russellc

Sorry, I was talking about my employment. You better not drink this stuff. This is a place where you can't eat the deer meat or the fish. Lookie here:

http://www.y12.doe.gov/

There are pictures that load across the top of the page. I work on the white prison looking thing. It's scary when I think about it.

But thanks for the recommendation!

:thmbsp:...:thmbsp:
 
Here's a low dollar that competes with the big boys. Beats Weller, Bulleit, Makers, buffalo Trace and others, some not cheap either. Its 10 years old and a single barrel bourbon. Try it, I find it locally for 26.99 to 29.99.

I'll give that a try. It's about $33 a fifth here, while my daily Buffalo is $34...


...for 1.75 liters.



Bourbon prices are just all over the board in this country. Bulleit has almost DOUBLED here since it came out here (now $33 a fifth, was $18). Makes no sense. :no:
 
I'll give that a try. It's about $33 a fifth here, while my daily Buffalo is $34...


...for 1.75 liters.



Bourbon prices are just all over the board in this country. Bulleit has almost DOUBLED here since it came out here (now $33 a fifth, was $18). Makes no sense. :no:

Buffalo Trace is usually under 20 here. Wow.

russellc
 
Good ole Jim Beam #7 is $18.75 a fifth here. There are others I like better, like Knob Creek. But for the price you can't beat the quality.
 
Good ole Jim Beam #7 is $18.75 a fifth here. There are others I like better, like Knob Creek. But for the price you can't beat the quality.

For about 75 more cents you could get Buffalo Trace, which is head and shoulder better than Beam, and IMHO Knob Creek as well.

Russellc
 
Good ole Jim Beam #7 is $18.75 a fifth here. There are others I like better, like Knob Creek. But for the price you can't beat the quality.

He says a fifth is 18.75? Of Beam? Like I said, a fifth of Buffalo is around 19 bucks....surely he meant a 1.75?
A fifth is not = to 1.75 a fifth refers to a bottle of slightly less than a quart... "4/5ths" if I remember correctly.
No?
Russellc
 
This metric thing has screwed us all up. There are no more pints, fifths, quarts or half gallons. They are all smaller metric "equivalents." Don't know what a pint is called now but a fifth is 0.75l, a quart is 1l and a half gallon is 1.75l.

I don't think there are any Imperial measures used in liquor today. And I'm pretty sure if you do some math 1.75l is way smaller than a half a gallon. Maybe 3 or 4 drinks.
 
Got paid today for the first time in 9 years. (Retired) I will go to the liquor store (Southern for ABC store) on Monday and find something sweet!

All suggestions over the weekend will be greatly appreciated! ! !
 
Suggestions! Just going back a dozen or so posts would bust my budget! I should live long enough to try most of these!
 
Back
Top Bottom