• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite Bourbon

Got a phone call last night. One case (3 bottles) of George T. Stagg 2008 was in, and they were holding a bottle for me.

141.8 proof, 15 1/2 years old.

Pure-Dee dark firewater.
 
2007 and 2008 releases of George T. Stagg, side by side.

pb2400023sj9.jpg


pb2400051dr3.jpg

The 2008 is on the left. Slightly less potent, but still HazMat level.
 
If those were in my house... they'd be half gone by now. :D

I saw one of those at the liquor store. I grabbed another Bulleit instead. Guess I'll have to go back.

Carl, I guarantee you, these are SIPPIN' whiskeys... otherwise you'll burn a hole where one oughtn'ta be.

I just finished my first 2007 bottle. Got down to the bits of charred barrel that were floating around (when they say unfiltered, they ain't kiddin')! :D
 
My wife bought me a bottle of Booker's for my 50th last year. I had never tasted it before. Thought it was going to be like "Nectar of the gods" but with all the hype over the years of hearing about it I was dissappointed in the smoothness.
 
Gentleman Jack! It goes good with anything. Just one of the many weaknesses of a sinner......................:D

After all the hoopla about the 'Stagg', I'll have to try it. Any of you 'Stagg' guys work for the Stagg marketing dept?
 
Well I just read this whole damn thread. Lots of fun and very informative. I've been a Scotch drinker of late but recently started drinking Bourbons...

My wife is partial to Gentleman Jack at present and I'm liking Bulleit. Very good indeed...again what a great thread!
 
Welcome to bourbon Hi Fi heaven! Myself- I hope I never develop a taste for Scotch. I have enough liquid vices and I don't need a pricey new one!
 
I got a 375 ml bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year old as a gift today- I'll report impressions when I crack into it.
 
8 yr old Weller, and 10 yr old Charter do it for me. Price not bad, either. For an 'expensive' treat now and then, I pick up the Buffalo Trace, and agree with Art K. on the choice.
 
Back
Top Bottom