• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

May day... May day... my wife discovered my stash today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy to have never been married. There is no way a woman is going to tell me I can or cannot have or collect stuff for my hobby.

What woman would put up with me and my warehouse full of electronics! :D

At least she wouldn't have to worry about having a good working TV or stereo in the house! :thmbsp:

:music:

I was married long enough to have a now-17-year-old son, and he's the apple of my eye. I don't regret that part, I just couldn't stand being told where to go and who to see, not to mention how to spend my money. It works out great now; my bills are paid, I have a reserve, and I have all the music and stereo gear my heart could desire. Life is good without WAF. WAF is WAC.:yes::D
 
I celebrate the loss/departure/removal of my former female nightmare each year by finding a new and larger pair of speakers to commemorate the occassion.

::)

I do this, less ritualistically and more as a matter of fact kind of way to thumb my nose at anyone trying to run my life with their notion of what should be "priorities" to me. Music is a priority with me; I'm a musician. Carpenters all have board straighteners, I have tools to ply my trade.:thmbsp:
 
If she looks in my closet, or under my bed, under the couch or wherever else I have chosen to keep my stash, I just remind her of her closet(s). I don't want to know what skeletons she keeps there...figurative or literal! It usually stops her in her tracks.
 
I love the "what's the resale value of your porcelain cat collection" (or whatever) line.

I get to use that if the issue ever comes up, since this hobby (just like poker) has been a net profit (I've got spreadsheets to prove it), and with not a single penny invested right now, the reasonable resale value of my stuff is more than what she's made in any of the last 10 years.

On the other hand, maybe my moral high ground is bolstered by the fact that her hobbies have been:
-being an alcoholic drunk every day for 3 years
-compulsively spending money on Barbies (500 of them right now)
-compulsively spending money on plants
-compulsively spending enough money on nothing to bankrupt us.

Also I could kick her ass.
(I'm just kidding about that. Not joking that I could, because I could, rather that I have never and will never strike a woman, unless the woman asks me to and I'm naked).
 
Moderator's note:

I found this thread to be more than a little misogynistic and insulting a year ago when it was started, but I bit my tongue and hoped it would die a natural death. It did. Now, like a zombie awakening to suck all the brains out of the room, it's back.

Luckily it's also closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom