• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

May day... May day... my wife discovered my stash today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdandy

Receiver or wife - hmm...
She opened the basement closet and discovered all my unused gear I had stashed. Not a good thing for me. :no:

Damn women.
 
Register to hide this ad
I am happy to have never been married. There is no way a woman is going to tell me I can or cannot have or collect stuff for my hobby.

What woman would put up with me and my warehouse full of electronics! :D

At least she wouldn't have to worry about having a good working TV or stereo in the house! :thmbsp:

:music:
 
Last edited:
They are 2 shoes in a PAIR!

You and her go to her closet and count pairs of shoes.

Then you get to keep as many pieces of gear as she has shoes.

By that count, I'm good for LIFE! :D
 
I celebrate the loss/departure/removal of my former female nightmare each year by finding a new and larger pair of speakers to commemorate the occassion.

::)
 
She opened the basement closet and discovered all my unused gear I had stashed. Not a good thing for me. :no:

Damn women.


First we must establish something-

The stash/gear- you are talking stereo stuff, right?

And not riding crops, ball gags, chaps and latex bondage suits, correct?


Just wanna make sure we're on the same page....
 
what the hell? that's idiotic.
If you're serious, and you have to hide gear from your wife then you both probably shouldn't be married in the first place.

I really, really don't get it eh.
 

just what I was thinking



I remember buying a pair of power amps and forgetting to mention it to my significant other. The set up guys arrived at the house and I was not home and she told them point blank they weren't bringing them in the house.

They are here.:smoke:
 
I understand buddy. Dont listen to the never been married guys and the "i do what ever i want guys". Hiding gear? this might be a bit of a problem though. Its time for the acceptance phase.:D
 
Do I hide gear?
NO

Do I tell the truth about how much I paid for that gear?
NO


Steve

No and yes here. My wife understands and tollerates my need for vintage gear, but she claims it's too complicated for her. To compromise, I leave the main rig set so all she has to do is switch on the EQ, the amp and then the tuner. She knows enough to turn it off in reverse order. If she wants to play CDs, she has a BPC setup in her study.
The only time we had any kind of disagreement was when I got home with two huge boxes and upon seeing me wrestle them to our second story apartment, her response was: "What the f**k did you buy?". My response? "But Honey..."
"What the f**k did you buy?"
And every few minutes while I unpacked those huge boxes...
"What the f**k did you buy?"
Finally, there were the HPM-100s standing there in all ther glory and...
"What the f**k did you buy?"

Gentlemen, it was at that precise moment that I did what any man who is in love with his wife, but wants to keep his gear does. As soon as she said "What the f**k did you buy?" again, I said, "Buy honey, wait till you hear your Donna Summer album on them!"

Needless to say, I still have them, but she said, after the song was over, "If you buy another pair of those without discussing it with me, I'll cut your n**s off."
I went right out and bought flowers...because I had another pair for the TV coming the next week. I'm still intact, and I pissed off the neighbors at halftime when The Who played!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom