• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your flea-watts amps!

I am not suer, They were pulled from turntables, i am not sure of the actual model numbers on them.
Ah. That was the hint I needed. Might be an Encore PT1025.
There were a few different models. The PT 1010 / 1020 and the PT 1015 / 1025. Probably just minor differences between them all but I've never looked closely.

Here are the Sams in pdf, which can be enlarged to view details:
 

Attachments

There were a few different models. The PT 1010 / 1020 and the PT 1015 / 1025. Probably just minor differences between them all but I've never looked closely.

Here are the Sams in pdf, which can be enlarged to view details:

Super helpful as I have one that is in need of repair and have wanted to find a schematic for them. Thank you!!
 
My most recent flea power build is this breadboard style SE UL EL34:

Cage.jpg
Finished Amp.jpg

It uses a SMPS and has no soldered connections. Details here:

 
My most recent flea power build is this breadboard style SE UL EL34:

View attachment 3265448
View attachment 3265449

It uses a SMPS and has no soldered connections. Details here:


Oh, @FlaCharlie : you are well advised to put in a cage... Who knows ? It may escape ! :biggrin: ;)

Very "Electrical Cabinet" wiring, that said... :cool::cool::cool:

T
 
"What input tube is that?"
At the time it was a WE 310B but I'm now using a WE 310A. No difference as far as I can tell.
 
Luxman Sq-N150, 10 watts per channel, single tap, 6ohms
View attachment 3126996
View attachment 3126997
So, I found the ideal opportunity to trade my Luxman SQ-N150 for the LX-380 though I had to drive to Cornwall NY to do it. It's American voltage, has a warrantee and I picked up at Hudson Valley Hi Fi in the above mentioned quaint little town along the Hudson River. The LX-380 is rated at 14 - 20 watts per channel at 1000Khz depending on the speaker load but realistically for full bandwidth 20Hz - 20Khz at 1% distortion its probably about 6 watts per channel. Still more than enough to make my Klipsch Heresy IVs go very loud if I wanted them to! An extremely nice sounding and elegantly crafted component. :music:
Luxman LX-380 3.jpgLuxman LX-380 4.jpg
 
SET amps I built for my mono hifi rig. :)

Image%20001.jpeg

SE2A3 - James nickel plate choke loaded 2C22 + Hashimoto H203S OPT

UTC%20S14.jpeg

SE46 - triode connected 6C6 > triode connected 46 dual-grid tube + classic UTC S14 OPT (~ 1250mW)

54046627374_d1ba1b537e_b.jpg

Asano-inspired SE210 amp (~ 1500mW)
 
I don't think I ever posted a picture of my parallel feed 6V6 amp. I mentioned it earlier in this thread and included a link to another forum. It's just over 3W and uses a 6V6 as the driver with plate to plate feedback. Really nice and open sound and the FR is -3dB at 15Hz and 65kHz at 1W. Now working on a not-so-flea-watt SE amp at about 15W. Similar concept but GU50 and 6p15p tubes.

Progressed from this
20230227_104926.jpg

to this
6V6 listening session.jpeg
 
I don't think I ever posted a picture of my parallel feed 6V6 amp. I mentioned it earlier in this thread and included a link to another forum. It's just over 3W and uses a 6V6 as the driver with plate to plate feedback. Really nice and open sound and the FR is -3dB at 15Hz and 65kHz at 1W. Now working on a not-so-flea-watt SE amp at about 15W. Similar concept but GU50 and 6p15p tubes.

Progressed from this
View attachment 3328736

to this
View attachment 3328737
this is really cool. id luv to see a schematic for this amp--have you posted it in a build thread?
 

Pics and such
 
Back
Top Bottom