• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your MAXELL Poster!

maxell poster...

Something else I wish I hung onto, but I do have most of my old audio gear from that period. Anyway screenshots OK?
 

Attachments

  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 204
I was searching craigslist for audio stuff one day and a guy selling some equipment had a MAXELL framed poster hanging on the wall above the stuff he was selling. I called him to buy the poster, but he wouldn't part with it. He said he found it at a Garage sale....
 
Wasn't there a Maxell poster that had a pink Cadillac in it? I thought I had one. Maybe it was for something else........ Now I'm going to have to dig through my posters.
 
Anyone have the one with the 911 porsche getting the targa top blown off.
 
Well, I was close. It's not Maxell with the pink caddy, it's Memorex. Or is it live?

IMG_3375.jpg
 
This thread cracked me up when I saw it. I have long thought that the Maxell poster was the one poster that was owned by the most AKers, period. :)
 
If I remember correctly, and that's a big if I remember seeing an ode to this iconic poster. It had a Grateful Dead Skeleton in it taking place of the guy sitting in the chair. I tried to google it to no avail. It was a probably a bootleg t-shirt I saw in some parking lot before a show back in the 80's. Speaking of the poster the speaker is a JBL and the Deads wall of Sound from back in 1973 was all JBL's
 
This thread cracked me up when I saw it. I have long thought that the Maxell poster was the one poster that was owned by the most AKers, period. :)

So, like ... where's yours?? <G>

I got hold of one of those stellarium lamps a few years back that rotated and shot stars all over the room Picked up one of the smaller MBAG prints and rebuilt the lampshade using that.

Friend of mine who's a bit psychotic and was known for forgetting to take his meds told me he'd kill for one of those. Needless to say, I gave it to him. <G>
 
One freebie and one cheaply. :D
 

Attachments

  • The twins 09_13_11 023 (816 x 612).jpg
    The twins 09_13_11 023 (816 x 612).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 180
  • The twins 09_13_11 021 (816 x 612).jpg
    The twins 09_13_11 021 (816 x 612).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 173
Well, I was close. It's not Maxell with the pink caddy, it's Memorex. Or is it live?

IMG_3375.jpg

I have had the same experience with Memorex tape, although I usually throw it out a window that rolls down to keep it from shattering the glass. You have to admit, it looks as if the person threw the tape in the upper right hand corner out the back window.
 
The pink Caddy poster, I must obtain one!

Good luck with that. The only info I could find in Google search is this thread. I think it was a promo from Memorex. Send $2 or something like that and they sent a poster. Maybe I was the only fool.....

I have had the same experience with Memorex tape, although I usually throw it out a window that rolls down to keep it from shattering the glass. You have to admit, it looks as if the person threw the tape in the upper right hand corner out the back window.

Never used Memorex tapes. Was always a TDK user.
 
Back
Top Bottom