• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

I attended this past year my friend's funeral with this Bryd's song being played with his casket being wheeled out of church. The song is a adaptation from the Book of Ecclesiastes.

 
However it eventuates that I shuffle off this mortal coil, I pray that it is as brief an event as possible. Since it is inevitable let it be quick.

Now don't confuse that with quickly. I want it to happen in an eyeblink, just not the next one.
 
Last edited:
Most of these songs will never get played, as the spouses will disregard them as being silly and the attendees will have no clue what the song means, especially if they have never heard the song before. The'll shake their heads at some of them and talk poorly about them on the way home. My relatives would not assemble my system up in a Funeral home for proper fidelity anyway, so I'm scrubbing the whole wasteful service. Most people just blow thousands of dollars into a casket, then bury it 6 feet under, and it will be a complete waste of money, thrown in the ground. give the money to "Feed The Children" where it will do some good.
 
I've been to hundreds of funerals in my life, both family and friends and as a long time altar boy. (Probably not as many as the OP, though.) The church I attended had a pipe organ with 4,518 pipes from 4 inches to to the 32+ foot wooden pipes. I never got tired or hearing it. So, as one of my favorites, this one is a must:


Then, on the way out, a humorous one. Even though I don't listen much to either of these musicians, it seems appropriate:

 
Maybe just a little on the whimsical side, or maybe not..."You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone", might fit the mood of this somber event.

Who knows? Some in the group just might relate to it. ;) The ones who were always on the "border".

Q
 
In addition to the songs I previously listed, my funeral processional song will be "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum. Those who know me best will appreciate the choice of this "1 hit wonder" song.
 
Two songs that I've had in my head for funeral songs;
Moody Blues "Never Blame the Rainbows for the Rain" and
Israel Kamakaiwio'ole "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World".

My best friend of 43 years died suddenly a few days ago. There's not going to be any service, funeral, cemetery, etc. As one of those 'left behind', it really hurts that there's not something to mark his passing.
 
Back
Top Bottom