• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What tv show are you currently binging?

Can't wait for the new season of "Slow Horses". :biggrin:

Also... Shetland... Very good!


Strange "Saskia Reeves" is not shown on that promo, My favorite character!

2134831_full.jpg
 
Last edited:
Working through The Twilight Zone on Prime - the original series from 1959. S01E05 tonight
In these days of 8 and 10 episode "seasons" via streaming services, its amazing The Twilight Zone had 5 seasons of mostly 36 episodes each,
for a total run of 156 episodes.

 
Last edited:
Took in "Afghanistan: Australia's Inside War" (2016) a while back that pretty much covered this military debacle.

A rare, and brutish look at what the "Down Unders" had to deal with while in this desert campaign.

Glad I missed this front!

Q
 
I enjoyed most of the seasons of Death in Paradise and call me slow, but just found the spin off Beyond Paradise (Roku/BritBox)
beyond-paradise.JPG

The detective who solved murders on the Caribbean island of St Marie, relocates to the Devon coast to bring his detective quirkiness for crime solving.

Beautiful country side set locations. I'm in.
 
While endlessly scrolling thru Roku channel apps for a new show to get into, my thumb took over and clicked this

Tracker (Roku/Paramount+)
tracker.JPG

"Colter Shaw travels the country in his old-school RV, helping police and private citizens solve crimes and locate missing persons--until his latest case changes everything."

It's ok - I'm almost done with Season 2. Entertaining enough to keep watching.
 
Happened upon this one and I'm hooked. Very well done IMO. It is a Guy Ritchie production, I don't think he's produced "boring" in some time, if ever.

1789827057100.png
 
Last edited:
Just finished "Sherlock" (2010-2017) with Cumberbach at the "wheel" finding it entertaining... to a degree.


The online 9.1 evaluation, coupled with the 7.8 Tomato Score caught my attention.

This sleuth series is cleverly put together, with Benedict talking with great rapidity. Thank God for the captions!

The aforementioned ratings seem on the high side, but there's a new "Sherlock" coming out of the wings with Guy Richie that is touted as being a better replacement.

Q
 
My wife and I are LOVING "Your Friends and Neighbors."

I'm a fan of Jon Hamm, but I'll admit I was skeptical about this. It looked to me to be yet another example of a distressing trend I've been seeing in current TV shows: what I would call "Rich People Porn." Lots of shows with ultra rich people behaving badly, for example, "White Lotus." It really pushes my buttons. And besides, I always need someone to root for, hopefully someone I can identify with to some extent.

That's what I was expecting with YFAN, since Jon Hamm's character is a super rich trader who gets fired, then takes to robbing his ultra rich neighbors. I was wrong! It's actually a savage takedown of the ultra rich - their shallowness, desperation, meanness, greed, etc. The writing and dialogue are simply amazingly good, it's very well acted, the main characters are all a mix of good and badness (just like most of us are), and it is sometimes laugh out loud funny.

I'm hooked! The trailer for Season One does a good job of telling you what it's about:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30459041
 
Last edited:
My wife and I are LOVING "Your Friends and Neighbors."

I'm a fan of Jon Hamm, but I'll admit I was skeptical about this. It looked to me to be yet another example of a distressing trend I've been seeing in current TV shows: what I would call "Rich People Porn." Lots of shows with ultra rich people behaving badly, for example, "White Lotus." It really pushes my buttons. And besides, I always need someone to root for, hopefully someone I can identify with to some extent.

That's what I was expecting with YFAN, since Jon Hamm's character is a super rich trader who gets fired, then takes to robbing his ultra rich neighbors. I was wrong! It's actually a savage takedown of the ultra rich - their shallowness, desperation, meanness, greed, etc. The writing and dialogue are simply amazingly good, it's very well acted, the main characters are all a mix of good and badness (just like most of us are), and it is sometimes laugh out loud funny.

I'm hooked! The trailer for Season One does a good job of telling you what it's about:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30459041
We really enjoyed Season 1, but Season 2 is not doing it for us.
 
We really enjoyed Season 1, but Season 2 is not doing it for us.
Sorry to hear that, we're only 4 episodes in to Season 2 so far. I was worried it might be "jumping the shark" as the plot seems to get more and more implausible. But the first season is just terrific. It has been renewed for a Season 3.
 
After all the Emmys "Widows Bay" won we decided to give it a try, turns out to be a very entertaining ghost/paranormal story (on Apple TV) we are also enjoying "Neagley", a Reacher related show on Amazon Prime.
 
just wrapped up 'HALO"...never played the game but I am aware of its popularity, point being that any deviation from the original storyline
or character arc I wouldn't notice...that said, I really enjoyed it!...Pablo Schreiber is a BEAST; I watched an "extra" about his workout schedule to get blasted
like that...anyway, if you like sci-fi, and/or if you played "HALO", give it a look!...unfortunately there's only 2 seasons and season 2 doesn't wrap it up...season 3 was canceled by Paramount+ for some reason
 
Back
Top Bottom