• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What tv show are you currently binging?

What is "Binging" ?

Binging is watching several episodes of a series one after another. This differs from watching in weekly installments like TV programs used to be released. A lot of programs are released as an entire series at once on services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. "Punisher" is one I'm watching now - the second season was released in full a few days ago. I watched the last episode of Season 1 and the first of Season 2 in one sitting, and then the 2nd through 4th episodes in the next sitting.
I've watched an entire series in a long weekend - so it is a lot like going on a drunken "binge", even when I'm not popping corks all the way through.
 
Oliver Stone's "The Untold History of the United States" on Netflix. I avoided watching this when it came out years ago, because I was turned off by Stone's tendency to make historical events fit his own views of reality. There's some of that in this one, but it provides a fresh overview of the last century of American (and World) History. I'm up to Chapter 7 now - "Johnson, Nixon & Vietnam: Reversal of Fortune".
stone.jpg
 
Peter Gunn on Amazon Prime. I really enjoy the black / white cinematography. The matter of fact brutality is a bit strange. The opening scene is almost always a strangulation, bludgeoning, or shooting. But as viewers we push over the hump and accept it.
 
Mission Impossible - season 1 of the TV series on Amazon Prime.

No Mr Phelps, instead it's Dan Briggs played by Stephen Hill.

The message didn't always self destruct. In one of the earlier episodes, Dan Briggs is seen tossing the tape in a fire.
 
Poldark via Amazon Prime

I came late to the series on PBS, so catching up on the first season and filling in some backstory/history, so a lot of "a ha" moments.
 
A couple of weeks ago I had a flu-ish, cold type of chest infection.
In 2 days got through
"The Good Place"
Not quite the comedy I was expecting,
Entertaining enough for someone in a half zombie like state.
 
Any fans of Stan Against Evil? Think Evil Dead with even worse plots but exceptional casting. Just watched the episode (Hex Files) where they did a spin on The X Files - one of my favorites!


Toss up between that and Bill the Demon ...

 
Back
Top Bottom