• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

I already checked for the PDT-6000 Vestax to get a replacement... but couldn't find a single offer online.


but considering how the YSA-1 and YA-39 are 90% identical, aside from the tube shape and headshell shape, I really wonder how there could be such a world of a difference?

(I honestly really don't like the "proprietary" design of the YSA-1 headshell... very much prefer being able to swap them.)


one day, I'll be able to fix mine.. but it might be some time, since I don't have a listening room in the foreseeable future.. which means the Yamaha is just a pretty shelf queen until then.
 
I already checked for the PDT-6000 Vestax to get a replacement... but couldn't find a single offer online.


but considering how the YSA-1 and YA-39 are 90% identical, aside from the tube shape and headshell shape, I really wonder how there could be such a world of a difference?

(I honestly really don't like the "proprietary" design of the YSA-1 headshell... very much prefer being able to swap them.)


one day, I'll be able to fix mine.. but it might be some time, since I don't have a listening room in the foreseeable future.. which means the Yamaha is just a pretty shelf queen until then.

Don't feel bad. My man cave is in a bit of chaos at the moment while I wait to find a contractor to replace drywall and part of the ceiling (micro flood in kitchen leaked into the downstairs). Won't be listening for quite a while. In the meantime I'm working on sourcing parts to fix some CD players. Have you tried looking to see if when you loosen the thumb screw slightly on the pillar, the arm piece moves up and down smoothly? If it gets stuck at any point it means you might need to file down a portion of the base to get it to slide smoothly. There's a sort of track/groove that fits them together and determines much about how the top sits on the base.
 
thank you, checked it out.

zoojunkie seems to have fixed it by buying a new tonearm :D

zoojunkie fixed the tracking issue (post #32 of his thread) which I've quoting below:

I just took apart the tonearm pivots bearings, cleaned the inside of the tonearm tube! Spider nest! Lubed, reassembled, torqued Linn tight, aligned the cart to 14mm overhang and adjusted the vta and vtf.

So far so good? I even eyeballed the tracking force.
 
zoojunkie fixed the tracking issue (post #32 of his thread) which I've quoting below:

I just took apart the tonearm pivots bearings, cleaned the inside of the tonearm tube! Spider nest! Lubed, reassembled, torqued Linn tight, aligned the cart to 14mm overhang and adjusted the vta and vtf.

So far so good? I even eyeballed the tracking force.
read further down the thread, where he mentions that it's still not fixed and that he ordered a new tonearm?


what is "torqued Linn tight" ?
 
Back
Top Bottom