• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DOES YOUR STEREO DO IT'S JOB?

BOUXY

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
No matter how much you've spent,what anyone else says detrimentally about your System,whether it's Tubes or SS etc! No matter how far out of normal views it seems how many of you are satisfied with your System?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Experienced AK'er visit to the house last night. Record or tape on: "man I love the simplicity and sound of your setup!"
 
My two systems in side by side racks and speakers continue to evolve, but as of now I am quite satisfied with how they sound.
 
I've never been happier with mine. The only thing I didn't like was how the subwoofers I tried over the years never seemed to play nice with my Maggies. That is until I built a pair of Ripole subs. In the past I had built sealed, vented, aperiodic and TL subs that at first seemed to be the answer. After a few months though I just wasn't completely satisfied with how they sounded. I've had the Ripoles now for over a year and I am still a very happy camper with these subs. As Wendell Diller has always said dipole type subs are the best design to use with Magnepans.
 
Completely. It does it all, and does it well. I have plenty of entertainment potential, and only add to my main rig when another kind of source comes out.

Enjoy,
Rich P
 
Last edited:
it gets the job done. funny most of the time I listen to a system that is not the best I have because its convenient to where I am most of the time - at my desk, in the kitchen or garage but not where the best system is which is in the living room (I hardly listen to that one!) the others are all mid fi but they sound good enough to me.
 
For the most part... I don't really know what I'm missing though as I haven't heard too much really decent gear to have a sense of that. If I could feel pretty certain than for the money that I've spent I have it pretty good, that would probably be enough for me. The one thing that keeps me from being more satisfied with my gear is the thought that maybe my amp and speakers could be better matched. It's the whole synchronicity thing that I have the least sense of. Still, I make an effort not to obsess and the music mostly sounds pretty good...
 
Back
Top Bottom