• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

How many of you are getting both the Flu and COVID shots?

Guys, I'm not trying to be the big bad meanie here, but Heather has already asked nicely to keep the thread on track, and any talk of "virtue signaling" really isn't on track for a simple ask of "Are you getting the covid and flu shots".

So, asking nicely again, please stick to the yes/no theme here and if you want to state a non political, non accusatory / inflammatory reason for why (or why not) that should be OK :thumbsup:
 
Got both last month, and the 1st RSV shot (2nd in Dec). Had flu about 20yr ago and never want it again. Have had all my Covid shots and had it twice (1st one was a bad sore throat, 2nd time was about a mild cold). If vaccines stop or mitigate the effects, I good with that. The RSV shot made my arm sore for a few days.

I prefer science.
 
Last edited:
My understanding (from my doc) is you don't need a new shingles shot if you've had the later version that consists of a series of two shots. Maybe you should double check whether you need one now?
That's the thing. I haven't gotten any shingles shot. After my bout with it I asked at the place I usually get shots and they said they were out. This thread is a reminder for me to go ahead and get the jabs.
 
Now that I have 48 years as a Type 1 diabetic under my belt (switched to a pump about 5 years ago - if you're a Type 1 and are not on a pump and a Continuous Glucose Monitor, do yourself a favor and get them!!!), and about 35 years with asthma, and 10 years with high blood pressure, I always get vaccinated.

Things get bad fast for me, so I prefer to keep the nasties at arm's length.
 
Now that I have 48 years as a Type 1 diabetic under my belt (switched to a pump about 5 years ago - if you're a Type 1 and are not on a pump and a Continuous Glucose Monitor, do yourself a favor and get them!!!), and about 35 years with asthma, and 10 years with high blood pressure, I always get vaccinated.

Things get bad fast for me, so I prefer to keep the nasties at arm's length.
My wife is a type 1 (I am type 2) and her Dexcom has made a huge difference in her life. She started with the 5 and now is on the 7. The only bad thing was the miserable failure rate of the 7s until they got it fixed. We have got the flu shots for a long time.
 
I got the flu shot last week and have had a bit of a scratchy throat since. I'll wait for that to go away before getting the COVID shot. Wanted to get both before getting on a plane next month.
 
Had both in the past, had no issues. Missed both last year. Coincidentally, had my flu shot today (since wifey deals with kiddies all day, we thought it was best) she got one too.

Will likely get Covid later. Need to get tetanus & shingles too.

Hope folks realize it takes at least a couple weeks for this stuff too kick in, it isn’t instant protection or 100% effective.
 
My wife is a type 1 (I am type 2) and her Dexcom has made a huge difference in her life. She started with the 5 and now is on the 7. The only bad thing was the miserable failure rate of the 7s until they got it fixed. We have got the flu shots for a long time.
I have the 5 still. I love my pump except for one thing: when the infusion set's line gets caught on door knob, a banister, a drawer pull, or one of my dogs' paws.

That'll open your eyes right up!!
 
I have the 5 still. I love my pump except for one thing: when the infusion set's line gets caught on door knob, a banister, a drawer pull, or one of my dogs' paws.

That'll open your eyes right up!!
That is why my wife has not gone to the pump yet, she is scared shitless of catching the tube on something. The 7 you dont have to calibrate like the old ones. Now they have the quality locked down, the 7s are amazing.
 
Got a round of four Pfizer C19 shots and boosters in 20/21 and got C19 twice, the bout earlier this year was rough, done with getting any more covid shots. Got the flu shot a few weeks ago.
 
Got a round of four Pfizer C19 shots and boosters in 20/21 and got C19 twice, the bout earlier this year was rough, done with getting any more covid shots. Got the flu shot a few weeks ago.
Went to Walgreens today — a lot of folks in line for all kinds of shots. :idea:

Mass confusion! I finished 10 phone crossword puzzles standing in line for my prescription.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom