• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How many of you are getting both the Flu and COVID shots?

I got both a couple of weeks ago. The Flu was the double-strength version for geriatric patients. Both in the same arm. Sam's Club for free and they even gave me a $10 credit for the Flu shot on my next shopping trip, supposedly.
 
I got both a couple of weeks ago. The Flu was the double-strength version for geriatric patients. Both in the same arm. Sam's Club for free and they even gave me a $10 credit for the Flu shot on my next shopping trip, supposedly.
I got the old guy double strength flu shot late week, wierdly there is a new HALF strength covid vaccine for us old farts... why half strength when it seems like everything thing else made for us geezers is double strong?
 
I got the old guy double strength flu shot late week, wierdly there is a new HALF strength covid vaccine for us old farts... why half strength when it seems like everything thing else made for us geezers is double strong?
My understanding is that the new covid version for seniors is a smaller shot that has less impact at site of the injection but the same immunization effect (and broader side effects) overall.

Anybody had it?
 
I got both a couple of weeks ago. The Flu was the double-strength version for geriatric patients. Both in the same arm. Sam's Club for free and they even gave me a $10 credit for the Flu shot on my next shopping trip, supposedly.
Every time I've asked about the flu they've said it's the extra strength stuff. Forgot to ask this year. Guess I don't look young enough to confuse them anyway. ;)
 
Not sure if this is right place, but add to the tally got my COVID booster on Friday morning, the latest Moderna "SpikeVax"...what a name!

By evening arm at site of shot a little sore, yesterday felt a little achy, but hell I always feel achy! Nothing that would have kept me from work. This morning shot site still sore but not bad.

Will be getting flu shot from my PC Dr, hopefully next week (hasn't received them yet)
 
It's that time again, so I'll be getting both flu and covid. As you get older the downside of being wrong can be serious or worse, so yeah, I trust Fauci.

edit- phrased that poorly, I'll be getting the shots, not the diseases (I hope)!
 
Last edited:
Rolled the dice back a few weeks when getting vaccinated, got the Flu Tetanus & DTaP passed the Covid then. Having not heard Covid mentioned about lately. Not wishing to overwhelm, do the input or impact on my body. Was getting ready to get the Covid this week......
Well you guessed it got Covid AGAIN! Started Wednesday just a sore throat runny nose. Have allegories but took a day off going to the Y because wife upon returning from Miami brought a cold home. Glad I did by Thursday full blown cold thing was going on. No fever just bad sore throat runny nose coughing tired stuff. After no sleep up all night Friday felling like $**t went to the Doctor and it's Covid. Better today somewhat, the no tasting or smells started yesterday.......

Wish I picked and waited on the Tetanus booster.........
 
Rolled the dice back a few weeks when getting vaccinated, got the Flu Tetanus & DTaP passed the Covid then. Having not heard Covid mentioned about lately. Not wishing to overwhelm, do the input or impact on my body. Was getting ready to get the Covid this week......
Well you guessed it got Covid AGAIN! Started Wednesday just a sore throat runny nose. Have allegories but took a day off going tot he Y because wife upon returning from Miami brought a cold home. Glad I did by Thursday full blown cold was thing going on. No fever just bad sore throat runny nose coughing tired stuff. After no sleep Friday night up all night felling like $**t went to the Doctor and it's Covid. Better today somewhat, the no tasting or smells started yesterday.......

Wish I picked and waited on the Tetanus booster.........
I hope you feel better soon.
I understand not wanting to do too many at once, OTOH, you have a couple days of feeling bad and you're done. If you have to choose among vaccines, get the ones that stop/minimize the most dangerous and common things first- in this case, flu and Covid. Tetanus isn't a virulent disease that can cause a pandemic, so if you are going to hold off on one, that's the one to delay.
 
I got both. Just curious. Thanks!

I hope this topic doesn't go off the rails.



View attachment 3610114

Flu only and not the MRNA version. Have gotten a flu shot ever since my early 20s when I came down with a severe case - in fantastic shape, strong, and was in bed with 103+ fever for nine days. Only ate a little soup and tea, lost 13 pounds. Never been that sick before or after, and ever since, gotten a shot every year. Never had another severe case, and once shot made me feel ill for three days. I consider it worthwhile, but I do not trust COVID shots, unless you are high risk. Never shown to reduce transmission or disease. And lots of adverse reporting, especially in young males.
 
Here's a reminder - Just like before - the question is "Who is getting the Shot" not "Publish your opinion of the shot."
Its not what you believe about COVID or FLU shots.
No debate - its "are you getting the shot or not" - basically YES or NO.
 
Back
Top Bottom