• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How many of you are getting both the Flu and COVID shots?

Never any of them for me.
Same here. I have natural immunity from COVID19 and haven't had the flu in decades. In fact, I have had just one vaccine in my entire life which was a tetanus vaccine in the 2000s. When I was born my father told the doctors that I was not to be vaccinated at all and they complied and I didn't get any subsequently during my youth. I am not saying that all vaccines are bad. Just that everyone should have a choice as to whether to take them.
 
Same here. I have natural immunity from COVID19 and haven't had the flu in decades. In fact, I have had just one vaccine in my entire life which was a tetanus vaccine in the 2000s. When I was born my father told the doctors that I was not to be vaccinated at all and they complied and I didn't get any subsequently during my youth. I am not saying that all vaccines are bad. Just that everyone should have a choice as to whether to take them.
My thoughts exactly. Get whichever you want, and avoid whichever you don't. That's all I ever felt about the topic.

I've somehow never gotten the flu, but I did get covid once. It was an extremely minor inconvenience for me. Hey, maybe I'm just lucky (which is unlikely for me)!
 
Children in Ontario, Canada must have specific routine vaccinations or a valid exemption by law to attend school.
Heard just today of folks, in the USA, both infants and elders dying of measles. All were not vaccinated, what a shame.
Ive been instructed by my GI specialists to get the flu shot, since I am on autoimmune suppressing drugs for Crohn's. Also got a shot for shingles, a few years back, even though I did not have chicken pox as a child. Dr said it does not matter, I could have been exposed and not come down with it. Also pneumococcal vaccine.
COVID vaccine, I think I'll pass on that one but I have them during the outbreak.
Stay safe.
 
Covid is still going around seasonally, so I will continue to get that vax along with the flu shot. The way I figure it, the possibility of catching covid is still not zero, while the probability of me having severe consequences without the vax at my age is high.
New this year: Medicare is recommending hepatitis B, so I added that. My second of the 2-shot series comes next week. I don't know, but i suspect they are recommending it for everyone because it can be transmitted by certain risky behaviors that people were reluctant to admit to when questioned about the need. There are other possibilities, as well. When I traveled to China in the 1990s, they recommended it in case I had an accident and was exposed to their tainted blood supply; but I didn't have time for the 2-shot series, so didn't get it then.
 
Got the double-dose flu shot and the COVID today, right after meeting with my cataract surgeon to schedule the second surgery for my other eye. He also zapped some scar tissue off the first implant with a laser. He said scarring was normal, and that I'll see much better now. Still very dilated, but already seeing more clearly in that eye. Nice.
 
Got the double-dose flu shot and the COVID today, right after meeting with my cataract surgeon to schedule the second surgery for my other eye. He also zapped some scar tissue off the first implant with a laser. He said scarring was normal, and that I'll see much better now. Still very dilated, but already seeing more clearly in that eye. Nice.
Cataract surgery is definitely one of those life-altering events.

Good luck with the mend!

:thumbsup:
 
Got my flu and COVID shot about 1PM today. Emma got her COVID shot today but can't get a Flu shot due to her
bout with Guillain-Barre Syndrome earlier in her life ... so I get the flu shot for us both.
 
Got both COVID and the double dose flu shot last weekend. No issues to report.
Too old and frail (COPD) to be farting around. The life you save may be your parents/grandparents or some immuno-compromised kid in your neighborhood.
Off the soapbox now......... Sorry if I stepped over the line, Heather.
 
No flu or covid shots for me but I did recently get my 2nd shinglets shot. I saw firsthand what a case of shingles can do and that scared me enough to get both shots.
My wife is getting her second shot today and says wants to take the boat out tomorrow. I'm willing but I'm doubting she'll be up to a few hours on the water.
 
Got my Covid MRNA 2 weeks ago. I had a choice and specifically chose the mRna version. Got my FLU shot last week. Wife had to wait to get hers due to the Crappy Health insurance she is on, Kaiser.

I know 6 people who died from Covid, None were vaccinated. Now they never will be.
 
Back
Top Bottom