• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The ultimate speaker you want, but do not have

Shahinian Obelisks.

An Army buddy of mine bought a pair in '77 when they first came out. I'll never forget the effortlessness these seemed to display. Never knew what a soundstage was until then. And we were listening to FM through a TOTL JVC reciever while stationed @ Ft. Meade.

Kind of made it hard to go back to the barracks and listen to my Polks. :tears:

Very good speakers they are (and still in production today); but not really leaps and bounds ahead of the Polks of their era as far as I am concerned. de gustibus and all that...

shahinianpg1.jpg
 
Last edited:
A pair of time windows in good condtion would keep me on the couch , till spring at least. Not too big, decent sound. And a flashback from my life in the early 80's ,, without the dry heaves in the morning.
 
Like to try some Carver amazings or infinity's (upper end with a price range I can't afford.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 
I ordered a pair of Von Schweikert VR33. They're the least expensive in the line, and are supposed to be room placement friendly. Albert Von Schweikert demo'd them for me. I thought they sounded good in his facility, and I enjoyed my conversation with him. So I'll give them a whirl.

Cost no object I'd love to try some B&W 802 Diamonds, I'd love to hear some Martin Logan electrostatics, Wilson Sasha watt puppies, Linkwitz Orion, and frankly any other speaker which has a enthusiastic following and would fit in my room and could listen to in my room.

I'm conservative about chasing audio nirvana. I think its a bit like chasing the end of the rainbow, I'll just never get there. Even after spending tons of bucks. My room sucks, the furniture arrangement is dictated by other uses. Many recordings just don't sound good on anything. In fact I've replaced perfectly good equipment on the backs of bad recordings. I think others have too.

With all that said, I'd love to try some of the high end speakers.
 
ya i agree with balifly some yamaha ns 1000 or nsx 10000 would rock my system pretty hard i believe, have wanted a pair for awhile now.
 
I'd go for the original Klipsch corner horns in all of their big assed old time glory! I don't even care it they are the Birch Ply rough finish. I know that they won't sound as good as a lot of newer speakers but just for the sheer audacity of it all...
 
There's a lot I'd be happy with. Just a few off the top of my head. Kinda all over the place, and not all of them out of reach.
 

Attachments

  • LST.jpg
    LST.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Martin Logan.jpg
    Martin Logan.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Polk_Audio_SDA-SRS.jpg
    Polk_Audio_SDA-SRS.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 27
  • Wilson Maxx.jpg
    Wilson Maxx.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 24
  • ar-9.jpg
    ar-9.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 37
Call me a Musical Romantic....

I think I'd like the Spendor SP100s. Never heard them, just one of the smaller products.


1300643973.jpg


In Dark Cherry too, with stands, driven by some quality 100wpc tube monoblocs,

Please.
 
Last edited:
While the Revel Salons I mentioned earlier would be more practical and more likely to happen (although still quite a stretch), I've decided I'd have more fun with a pair of these stacks:

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
While the Revel Salons I mentioned earlier would be more practical and more likely to happen (although still quite a stretch), I've decided I'd have more fun with a pair of these stacks:

They look insane you need to own night club for them :tongue:
 
Back
Top Bottom