• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Whats In Your Living Room System!!!!!

My signature system is in my living room:


I also have the following hooked up to it:

Denon DP1200 turntable
Benz Micro Wood SM cartridge
Parks Audio Budgie SUT
Luxman C1000 preamp
Hughes satellite receiver
Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC
two Hsu Research STF-2 subs

The main phono front end is actually in the next room, however:

 
Thanks!

Our high school in Tucson had a "Professional Internship Program" that I signed up for in my senior year, except instead of working in a doctor's office, I said I wanted to be an apprentice to a custom bicycle frame builder. There were three in town in 1975, and the counselor actually pursued it, so I ended up with Colin Laing, a frame builder from England who had moved to Tucson. "All those old cowboy movies said 'Filmed in Tucson'. I thought I'd be working next to a livery stable", he told me once. I filed a lot of frame tubes flush and cleaned up a lot of lugs for him, and he let me build a frame for myself. It was later stolen in a burglary, and a bike-shop customer who had heard me describe it came across it maybe a year later, and got it returned to me, after I had moved to Seattle, in a minor miracle.

When I actually start riding it, I'll have an excuse for making the entrance way "look like a frat house", as my wife puts it.

Behind the back wheel are the wires from the other room, coming out of the wall and under a threshold across the door. I need to make a section of skirting to hide them, but the bicycle distracts from them, for now. :)
 
Living Room:
  • Pioneer A-8 integrated Amp
  • Yamaha digital tuner
  • Daphile playback PC/jukebox (no DAC yet)
  • Celestion Ditton/66 speakers
  • Dual CS-451 turntable
Family Room:
  • Sony Home Theater receiver (OK, 100W/ch, powerful enough to rock movies and music)
  • Front speakers: Tannoy Cheviot (dual-concentric)
  • Rear speakers: Quest dual-woofer towers
Basement rec-room
  • Kenwood Home Theater receiver (very robust and powerful)
  • Front speakers: Varies: Merak M4's, Boston A150's, PSB Avante, Axiom A2, Mission 707,
  • Rear speakers: Advent mini
Home office:
  • Yamaha integrated amp, 100w/ch
  • Harmon Kardon tuner
  • Dynaco A-35 speakers
Master Bedroom:
  • Pioneer home theater receiver
  • Yamaha NS-690 speakers or Energy ESM-1's or JBL L36's, varies according to mood.
 
Update as it's changed since I previously posted in this thread. Now the LR system is:

McIntosh MX117 tuner/preamp
Mcintosh MC502 amplifier
ADS L1290 speakers
Harman/Kardon T55C turntable / Ortofon OM30
Marantz CD6006 CD player
Pioneer RT-701 reel-to-reel deck

Everything gets used often except that r2r deck, which I fire up occasionally. We're pretty happy with this system now.
 
Back
Top Bottom