• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which speakers with your McIntosh gear poll?

Which speakers with your McIntosh gear?

  • McIntosh

    Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Klipsch

    Votes: 70 13.3%
  • PMC

    Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Sonus Faber

    Votes: 44 8.4%
  • Wilson Audio

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Thiel

    Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Magnepan

    Votes: 23 4.4%
  • B&W

    Votes: 82 15.6%
  • Martin Logan

    Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 205 39.0%

  • Total voters
    526
Why no Joseph Audio? There are at least two of us. :thmbsp:
There are certainly several others besides us on this site. I'm of the opinion that most Joseph Audio owners quit looking for ways to make their systems sound better once they get their speakers, regardless of which model they purchase. All of Jeff's speakers are balanced, detailed and non-fatiguing to listen to for long periods. It's easy to get off the 'audiophile' merry-go-round once you have the sound you want and just listen to music.
 
Surprizing to find that Klipsch is kind of a leader for alot of fellow Mac owners. I am using my home built Klipsch drivers with klipsch crossovers in them and i have to admit they really make the Mac shine.
 
Surprizing to find that Klipsch is kind of a leader for alot of fellow Mac owners. I am using my home built Klipsch drivers with klipsch crossovers in them and i have to admit they really make the Mac shine.

I'm surprised that Klipsch isn't at the top. Tubes love horns after all!
 
With my MC28 and MC2105 I use Thiel 1.5's I want to move up to Thiel2.4's. Also thinking about B&W's but I sure like the clean Thiel sound.
 
With my C28 and MC2105 I use Thiel 1.5's I want to move up to Thiel 2.4's. Also thinking about B&W's but I sure like the clean Thiel sound.

For the Klipsch guys... I had a pair of Cornwalls for home demo back in the 80s. They had a big and dynamic sound, like being in a club. They were just a bit large for the room and didn't fit in well. Was running NS-1000s on tilted platforms then. During that time period is when I first heard the new Thiel 3.5s at Audio Consultants in Chicago, driven by a MC 7270. They made a lasting impression and I eventually bought and restored a pair. They are rather bright for my damaged ear, so the strategy now is to get a pair of McIntosh XR6s together with bass extension and go with that. Whatever they sound like (it will probably be similar to the old 12" H.H. Scotts from that period) will just go with it and be a proud owner. :)

Another speaker that I liked from those years was the Martin Logan Sequel II.

-Gregory
 
Last edited:
JBL 4312A Monitors with a MC2105. I'm really pleased with what this amp has done for these speakers, it is a huge step up from when I had them paired with my SX-980.
 
Sounds crazy but I am running Cerwin Vega D9s with my MC1.2KWs. I have two of them biwired for the left channel and two more biwired to the right channel. They sound great and I do enjoy the deep bass response I get. Scottsmrnyc
 
Back
Top Bottom