• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which speakers with your McIntosh gear poll?

Which speakers with your McIntosh gear?

  • McIntosh

    Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Klipsch

    Votes: 70 13.3%
  • PMC

    Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Sonus Faber

    Votes: 44 8.4%
  • Wilson Audio

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Thiel

    Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Magnepan

    Votes: 23 4.4%
  • B&W

    Votes: 82 15.6%
  • Martin Logan

    Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 204 38.9%

  • Total voters
    525
Hi,

I use Original Large Advents with my McIntosh MAC 1900. Made for each other. My baby's room system uses a MAC 1700 with Small Advents. My older son uses his MAC 4100 with Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lancaster cabinets. My wife mainly uses Altec, EV, and JBL Cornerhorns with her classic McIntosh equipment.
 
Hi,

I use Original Large Advents with my McIntosh MAC 1900. Made for each other. My baby's room system uses a MAC 1700 with Small Advents. My older son uses his MAC 4100 with Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lancaster cabinets. My wife mainly uses Altec, EV, and JBL Cornerhorns with her classic McIntosh equipment.

Where do you live AND does your wife have a sister???
 
Anyone else out there with Anthony Gallo Ref 3.1/SA. Driven by mc402,c220, & mcd301....simply amazing!
 
Spendor SP100s (with REL Storm III)

Nearfield: Spendor 1/2s (again with REL)

Been a Spendor guy since 1980! Listened to many others: nothing comes close (IMHO) if what you want to hear is music versus gear.
 
my first post!

I run my MC2105/C28 through some old Pioneer HPM60's. Also am planning on hooking them up to an old pair of Maggies when I get a chance.
 
KEF 104/2 for 20 years now!

Hi everybody,

Joining the KEF ranks. Also due to the call for the lurkers to come out of the woods, here is my small contribution:

My first and only speakers are KEF104/2 with the small Cube. Wonderful speakers, but now they sound a tad tired and I am considering several options: Quad 2905, PMC or even Living Voice. I know these speakers are worlds apart. McIntosh speaker are way too big for my listening room (attic 9 * 5.5 metres, sorry, the metric system!).

As an OT: I'd like to become an AK member but have doubts about the paypal system. Is there is no way to make an international bank transfer? Anyone?

Best regards,
 
Which speakers with Mac

At our place were using JBL 250Ti's in the main two channel system. I just sold my set of McIntosh LS360's which I felt sounds nearly like the JBL's. Since my wife loves the looks of the JBL's and the teak finish goes with our teak furniture she won't let them out of the living room. Since I collect vintage JBL we have most of the vintage line in one place or another throughout the house. I grew up listening to McIntosh through JBL's and I never get tired of the vintage JBL sound. Now the 250Ti's don't have that sound at all, but the wife likes them so what can I say! If it was up to me I'd have the L300's summits in the living room. For now they live in the basement audio museum along with all the vintage Mac. Problem is the house just isn't big enough to really set them up as I'd like. I semi-retired in October from respiratory therapy midnights at Childrens hospital and at that time the question was, do I want to get a bigger house and keep working or would I perfer to stay where I am and enjoy life working only one day per week. I picked the latter! Once I get the honey do list done I can start to play with all the toys more often. Life is good! Cheers, Frank
 
Wow! Altec did not even make the list. I feel so all alone. Have no fear I'll put on my Miles Relaxin Album and get over it.
 
Bozak DMS-5500

I have had these speakers a long time and they still sound awesome.

MC402, MC2300, MCD201, Linn LP12
 
new McIntosh (C220, Onkyo M504): Martin Logan Aerius
vintage McIntosh (C26, MC2105): continually swapping out newer Paradigms w/ DCM Time Window 3
 
Vienna Beethoven in front. Outlaw LRC in the center and Vienna Mozart in the rear. Two Outlaw LFM1-EX subs. The Beethoven's are powered by the MC402, the Outlaw LRC is bi-amped with the MC252, and the Mozarts are powered by the MC58 bridged for 100 watts per channel.
 
I hope I won't be the laughing stock of audiokarma but I have two MC 1.2kw's. After checking with Clinton at McIntosh; I got the approval and the process by which I can hook up two Cerwin Vega D9s as my Left Channel and Two more Cerwin Vega D9s as my Right Channel. I must admit that they do sound more than adequate. I'll bet you are all laughing right now; but you are all welcome to come by my apt in NYC one day to hear them. I have some great high end speakers demonstrated with McIntosh Amps, but for now my Cerwin Vega D9 are fine. I do have some very high end headphones- Stax Pro and Headphone amps that will also do the trick when I need to use them. Scottsmrnyc
 
I have a pair of Marten (formerly Mårten Design) Duke monitors, had them for two years now, and still awed by their fantastic sound!
 
One more for JBL.
I have custom made 4350’s, these are the largest bi-amped studio monitors offered by JBL, 1970 technology at its best and the only component in my audio system that I will never upgrade.
As long as this poll is still limping along on life-support, allow me to add one more vote for "other". In this case it's JBL. I've had Macs for almost forty years, but JBL for even longer. Normally my vintage Mac was used with an even older JBL 030 system but for my main system I'm using the "little" brother to Vahe's system, a custom-built pair of JBL 4345s with a single 18" LF drivers in each cabinet, bi-amped with active x-over and cc network.

4345-14-2s.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom