• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you carry a Pocket knife ?

Medium Swiss Army knife for a daily driver for me.

And as mentioned a Leatherman tool at times when conditions merit.

In my state any sharp object "Can and May" be considered a "Concealed Weapon".

It is easier to explain a Swiss Army knife or a Leatherman.

There have been some very nice knives posted so far, but do not believe that I would want to carry one of them around while I am in town.

This kinda gives away my age, but when I went to school, from about the third or fourth grade all the way through high school, I carried a pocket knife.

And know one cared.

My dad started me out with a nice quality Barlow style that I carried for a long time.
 
I think its a law that you have to have at least two knives in your possesion at all times in Chatham County NC. Seems that way sometimes. I have a Harley Davidson lock blade, crappy stainless steel blade, wont hold and edge. Its about as sharp as wet crap.
 
I've carried this old Winchester around since I was a kid.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0659.jpg
    DSCN0659.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 141
I keep a leatherman with me in the jeep and van at all times. Too dang cold to go and an grab em for pics.

Kids got me a swiss army knife for my B day last year. I like it but wish it was a little less bulky. Nice to have a pair of scissors with ya at all time though.

I lost more bucks and some expensive Gerber's. Still have a couple laying around plus my Buck 119

Some great knives here ! Keep em coming..
 
I've been carrying one of these Swiss Army ones for the past decade or two.

415SR6AGEDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
 
I carry the Buck 55 daily. I got the Bear & Sons Trapper for Christmas.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • P1011315.jpg
    P1011315.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 131
My Dad always did never saw him without it. When he passed my brother put it in his pocket where it always was. Let me tell you we all lost it, we knew that was it, he was really gone. Crying sitting here thinking about it, boy do I miss him.
 
I carry two a Victoriox Explorer (and I have for nearly 25 years)

V-EXPLORER-RD_large_2185.jpg


And since receiving it a couple years ago from my son in law a Spyderco Byrd

knife-spyderco-folder-byo5ps-byrd-flight-ss-cmb.jpg


Which is all kind of interesting since I spent 14 years of my life making my living as a Custom Knifemaker. But even then I carried the Explorer.
 
In Denmark, You will have to prove that it's job-related, or other legitimed purpose related relevanse, carrying a knife with a blade that either can lock-up folded out or has a blade of 7cm or more, not to be imprissoned for carrying it.

I am glad it's not legal to carry a gun here, but I find this knife law a bit to restrictive, as I am a happy motorcycle camper and sailboat user. And those two hobbies without a knife - forget it.

The law about knives was voted for after a lot of Hells Angels, Bandidos and second generation muslim immigrants have had deathly fight here and there and everywhere.

I have a pocket knife inside my trangia when on the bike and I have dedicated sailing knife with a schackle tool on the back side of the rope blade when on the boat.

No reason for any Leatherman 300 or Victorinox as I have plenty of real tools both in the boat and on the bike that does a much better job than any multifunction knife.

"dolph"
 
Mine's a Gerber Gator, with a partially serrated blade. It's pretty much perfect for anything, light, strong, & easy to hold onto, but usually just gets used to open boxes, LOL. :D This one says First Production Run, which is kinda cool, I guess. :scratch2: The printing's all clean, it's just hard to photograph.
 

Attachments

  • 001 (Medium).jpg
    001 (Medium).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 002 (Medium).jpg
    002 (Medium).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 11
I carry an old Boker 712 automatic. It belonged to a good friend of mine who passed away about 12 years ago. His ex wife was selling off his belongings at a yard sale and this is one thing I bought to remember Jim. I rarely leave home without it in my pocket. I work with a guy who is an excellent wood carver, he sharpens it for me when it needs it. It will shave you when he gets done with it.
 
I always carry one of those "spring assisted" knives that open with a flick of the thumb stud. They're legal but are virtually sw-blades. They have good steel blades, hold their edge, and are incredibly versatile. I've snagged a few at unbelievable prices on auction. Including a giant AK-47 "instant opener" bayonet that is worthy of Crocodile Dundee. That one I do not carry.

I use them all the time to cut open packages etc. A few weeks ago I was hanging out at a local vintage bookstore with a literary crew and we used my knife to slice up some pastries and knishes.
 
Yep, I've carried one of these beauties in my pocket for years. The Fisherman was my first knife. I got it for a birthday present when I turned 14.
Picture295.jpg
 
I'm on my second Syderco Wayne Goddard 50/50 with micarta scales like this one. For a smaller alternate I have a Syperco "Copilot" from back in the day when under 2" was OK on a plane.

1000250r.jpg


C09BK_L.jpg
 
I used to have this in my pocket all the time, but then it started ripping my pants, and seeing as the company that makes my favorite pants(and the only style I can stand to wear) has gone out of business I'd rather be lost out in the wilds without a knife than have holes in my pants. ;)

DSC04645.jpg
 
I'm at work so no pics are available. I carry a Swiss Army Champ model and a Swiss Army tool, which is a much higher quality version of the Leatherman. I generally go nowhere without them.
 
Back
Top Bottom