• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have You Ever

Nightcleaner

Super Member
Have you ever had to Tell someone to there face. You did not like them. Then had to deal with the consequences after.

How did it go?


I never done this I have not got it in me to tell someone. But it is an interesting topic.
 
Register to hide this ad
Unfortunately, yes, I have. It involved persons that wanted to be or thought I wanted to be friends or at least colleagues (on good terms). But their moral/religious/political beliefs and "code of conduct" (personally and business-wise) were pretty much exact opposites of my own. I tried to be subtle about the issues and distance myself , but they persisted, I didn't "hate" them,, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I am a big fan of live and let live and do as you please provided that you are not a hazard/detriment to me or others--I really don't care if you are a danger to yourself--that's your choice.

Eventually, I had to explain that I didn't agree with them on pretty much anything, and to basically to just leave me alone. Fortunately, they "got" the bigger hint and did just leave me alone. I still encounter them from time to time, and we just respectfully ignore one another--could have gone much worse, but it didn't.

It is one thing to respectfully "agree to disagree" or have "lively intelligent discussions" and still be friends, but there is a "line" that can be crossed and needs to be addressed.
 
After spending half a day mowing, trimming, and cleaning up the 5 acre property of a new account, you would think they would have the decency to step outside to let me know they really couldn't afford lawn maintenance. Perhaps sometime in the preceding two weeks before my scheduled day to mow, they would even make a phone call to cancel. I can respect that times are tough, but certainly do not wait until I have finished, and knock on the door waiting to be paid.

Perhaps filing theft of services charges or file a lien would express my feelings.
 
Perhaps filing theft of services charges or file a lien would express my feelings.

First, I would send an invoice with payment due either 30 days net or upon receipt with some sort of detail of work/dates performed. If no payment is received, then re-file the invoice with notation that the matter is being referred to "collections". If you have an attorney that you use, reference such as CC: legal counsel (whoever).

I am a contractor, and have run into similar situations. In one case, we were doing insurance repair work which the insurance company paid us for, but the homeowner (a little old lady) asked us to do additional work beyond the scope of the insurance claim. I submitted a bid/estimate that she signed off on, and the work was completer per her approval. Then her a**hole son (who apparently had POA) refused to pay for the additional work. A couple letters and e-mails later, a check arrived for payment in full. Documentation is everything in this kind of matter. Unless it is a significant amount of money, it is really not worth getting the courts and attorneys involved, even if you get a judgement in your favor.

Good Luck!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom