• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most underated classic rock lp's

Diesel Watts in a Tank

Guess I'll have to pull it out and play it later, been a while. I remember getting back from a trip out to the West Coast when this came out and thot Sausalito Summernight very evocative of my visit thru that area. Good Times!
 
Montrose Montrose, The only album with Sammy Haggar as the lead singer and the lead guitarist Ronnie Montrose who had played with Van Morrison and Edgar Winter.

Hear Hear to Montrose Montrose. I can remember a summer when there wasn't a Saturday night that this didn't liven up the mood, brings back some good memories.
 
Savoy Brown - Street Corner Talking
 

Attachments

  • 220px-Savoy_Brown_-_Street_Corner_Talking_(Front).jpg
    220px-Savoy_Brown_-_Street_Corner_Talking_(Front).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 11
Guess I'll have to pull it out and play it later, been a while. I remember getting back from a trip out to the West Coast when this came out and thot Sausalito Summernight very evocative of my visit thru that area. Good Times!

I am glad someone remembers this band. Sausalito Summernight brings back a lot of good memories for me as well. I think this was their only hit.
 
Ahhh..Fuggetaboutit..."Good Rats"...'From Rats to Riches'

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Couple gents said Montrose by Montrose on the previous page and I have to say I love that LP: I have the LP, CD and casstte. Every song on that is great and should be cranked. Ronnie passed just a few weeks ago: RIP:no:
Still think its some of the best stuff that Sammy H has done!
 
Couple gents said Montrose by Montrose on the previous page and I have to say I love that LP: I have the LP, CD and casstte. Every song on that is great and should be cranked. Ronnie passed just a few weeks ago: RIP:no:
Still think its some of the best stuff that Sammy H has done!

I did not know of Ronnie Montroses passing. He was a great guitar player and will always be remembered through his music. I bet he's rocking it at Space Station #5 right now. R.I.P Ronnie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Montrose
 
If not mentioned before, Pure Prairie League-Busting Out and pretty much anything else they did in the 1970s. Tuneful musicianship and faultless ensemble players, they are ever a pleasure to me. I found the Eagles' tense sloppy indifference a disappointment after them.
 
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Grand Funk - Live Album
Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny & Motivation
 
Last edited:
The 1968 eponymous debut of "New York Rock & Roll Ensemble". My dad used to have the lp. I hope to stumble across it someday. I have a couple of their later albums on CD but they just aren't as good.
 
Here's a couple not found when I searched this thread:

Crack the Sky - self titled debut and second album Animal Notes
Mink Deville - Return to Magenta
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - anything you can find, I like The Impossible Dream the best - limited airplay to my recollection
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom