• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Yeah tell us more about those horns !

jblnut

Hi!
The sub horn/transmission lines are made by a friend, designed by himself and a renowned professional speaker designer here in Norway. They use a 24" Precision Devices driver, and are used from -6dB @ 10hz in my room to XO at 70hz

The midbass horns are designed by myself with the help of another renowned professional horn designer here in Norway. They use two 15" PHL midbass drivers, from 70Hz to 600Hz

The Mid/High horn is a custom designed horn, partly by myself and mostly by a friend. It's a large, modern constant directivity horn, loaded by a TAD TD-4003 driver. 600-20.000 Hz.

The setup has an active crossover.
 
How does it sound so far?
The Luxman is sounding really nice from the get go. It is really helping the GT2000x dig out the lows. I have to say these tables perform with bass if it is there. It is a nice pairing -amp/TT
I must add the xtra 30+ minutes of warm up with GT and Hana actually impresses.
 
Gosh that copper platter looks fine. Have you noticed any change in the sound with the new feet in place?

I agree, the copper platter looks sweet.

I can't say that I hear a sound difference with the new feet.
 
Last edited:
Order processed, payment finally went through (Capital One denied it twice as fraud), now HiFidDo is on holiday. Shipping it out on May 7.

For anyone else's benefit, they now take amex and can send you a direct payment link for amex. How do I know this? That's how I paid for them to refoam the woofers on my NS-2000's.
 
Well that didn't take too long now did it. Now if someone wants to translate and post a transcript of this video, that would be greatly appreciated.
 
Well that didn't take too long now did it. Now if someone wants to translate and post a transcript of this video, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm taking credit for the GT-5000 name (check the Hoffman forums) and credit for inspiring you to poke the bear. But seriously this is kind of hilarious and thanks for sharing. I remember the yahoo listing for that very table and it being slightly roughed up. He's likely done some restorative work on it. I'll have to see if I can con my wife into at least giving me the gist of it.
 
I really liked the piano piece he played past the half way point. I shazaamed it and got "Doll Dancing - Puddle of Infinity"? I couldn't find either on discogs, but shazaam took me to a sample that was it.
 
So...the gist is that it's not really the arm that's the problem but that he feels his equipment is not up to snuff to sound good with the 2000x. It produces what he calls a low and depressing sound. In his experience, the best sound he has gotten from his equipment was with a GT-750 & 1000. If he had better equipment to hook it to then he thinks the 2000x (and the 2000 series) would sound much better. He said that hopefully next time he makes a video with this player that his equipment will be better.
 
Well, my GT-2000 is set to arrive either Tues or Wed (keeps changing back and forth) via UPS. For any of you who have ordered from HiFiDo, how did customs charges work? It is being sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited which says cutoms is handled in-house. But how are the duties paid? Credit card to UPS on delivery? And how much should I expect them the charges to be?
 
You would have a different experience than I had since you are in a different country. But I was called by UPS, they told me it had arrived, but they couldn't release it until I paid duty, which was in a building across the street from their building. I paid the duty, and they stamped my paperwork, and then UPS released it.
 
Well, my GT-2000 is set to arrive either Tues or Wed (keeps changing back and forth) via UPS. For any of you who have ordered from HiFiDo, how did customs charges work? It is being sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited which says cutoms is handled in-house. But how are the duties paid? Credit card to UPS on delivery? And how much should I expect them the charges to be?

I've usually gotten a paper bill in the mail from Fedex or UPS a few weeks after the item arrives (in the US). Then just called them and paid it over the phone.
 
Back
Top Bottom