• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz

  1. DomPal

    Where to connect the sub on a Marantz 2270

    Hello, Is it right that you connect the sub on the remote speaker termials on a Maratnz 2270 and the stereo speakers on the main terminals? So when you are listening to music you should have both main and remote speakers switches turned on. Is this bad for the amplifier or is a 2270 made for...
  2. MorrisonAgen

    No radio signal at all from Marantz 2270

    Hey all, I recently picked up a Marantz 2270 that was in excellent, unrestored condition. I have completed a full restore of the unit, but I am getting absolutely ZERO from any of the radio functions on it. When I turn the volume all the way up, I get a very light pulsing sound, but no static...
  3. goldswimmerb

    Marantz 2500 Schematic

    Hey guys, been looking around online and it seems that the manual scan doesn't have a complete schematic, and the schematic posted online is of low scan resolution. Is there a higher resolution scan of the schematic out there? I have one here where on phono 1 and 2 there's no audio, and it's...
  4. DomPal

    What is this capacitor for? I can't see it in the schematics

    It is connected between J761 and J758 on the amp board. Do you guys have any spec for this one and alternative replacement if needed? I think it says .01uF KCK
  5. James Cox

    Marantz 240 possibly blown

    So my friend called me up today and was very distraught. He purchased a Marantz 240 and 7t preamp a few months ago and was experimenting with some separate phone preamps he had. The problem came when he was switching around the phono preamps with the amp and stuff on and accidentally hit the RCA...
  6. DomPal

    My amp board wiring is not exactly like the schematics

    I have both amp boards out and was just checking the resistor values and I noticed something. If you look at the pics the resistor R785 (yellow arrow) is a short when it is suppose to be a 3.9ohm resistor. Is this normal or should i put a resistor with the right value? Why is it like this?
  7. N

    JVC 4MM-1000 Receiver left channel is weaker

    hello mates, i have a problem with my JVC 4MM-1000 receiver, left channel sounds weaker. i already cleaned all pots and switches but still the same. any idea where to look at first? thanks
  8. A

    Need help connecting EQ to Amp | Marantz 1090 \ Marantz EQ20

    Hello, I'm trying to get clarity around the best way to connect this EQ to this amp, as I cannot get it to work. On the back of the 1090, there is AUX (that's where the DAC is connected) and I have a tape 1 and tape 2 monitor. Should you connect tape 1 out to the EQ's tape in, then the EQ's...
  9. N

    STANDARD SR-4500 SOLID STATE RECEIVER

    Hello anyone who has info about this vintage receiver? i need also schematics please. there is no voltage on the supply for the lamps. thanks
  10. ocdecio

    Variable overlap drive

    Anyone have any idea what thiat means? I've seen this expression used in many model brochures.
  11. quadmatrix82

    Marantz 170dc additional capacitors?

    Hi all - was trawling online looking at various Marantz 170dc restorations looking to see how some people replaced the dual capacitor - ended up using the catrafter method which worked well with clamps - however I did come across many 170dc photos that show additional capacitors fitted that look...
  12. C

    Marantz sd4000 autostop problems

    Everything works fine but won't stop at the end of tape while playing,ff or reverse.Opened it up and the wheel is still spinning. Suggestions?
  13. Willarado

    Marantz 2238b power supply adjustment

    I am just finishing up restoring a Marantz 2238b and attempting to set the power supply voltage. I can only get it to 29 volts instead of the 35v stated in the manual. Bias and DC offset are spot on. Does anyone have suggestions? And it is a concern given that it is working and sounds fantastic?
  14. P

    BiAMp Marantz 5012 with Mcintosh

    I must admit that I love my Marantz AVR 5012 but I want to marry it to a Mcintosh Power Amp so I also get my beautiful blue meters. I know. I currently use the 5012 in BiAmp mode with my Klipsch Heresy IVs. It sounds great. Is there a way keep a BiAmp setup while using and external amp for the...
  15. Clenxi

    Marantz 2285B no sound

    Hello, I recently received a nice marantz 2285B. It is a beautiful and a beast machine, in very good condition. When I plugged it in I noticed a slight HUM coming from the power transformer but it worked perfectly, the relay turned on and the music came. The first thing I did was to recap all...
  16. E

    Marantz 4270...

    So i decided to work on the literal worst unit you can possibly imagine to work on. I bought the unit used and someone had done some serious damage to all the wires. I think I've gotten all the wires sorted out. Whenever i run switch the power selector switch to 70 watts the DC relay kicks out...
  17. S

    Marantz 2226B no R channel

    Hi, I was hoping someone could help me who maybe had a similar issue. I recently moved and after setting up my beautiful Marantz 2226b, I discovered the R channel wasn't working. My grandfather in law came to visit who knows a little about electronics and helped me check some of the internal...
  18. O

    Vintage Marantz pairing

    Just thought I would drop here what a wonderful pairing I have found... Marantz 2270 with Vandersteen 1c's and a Rhythmik L12 sub. the sub integrates seamlessly with speed and texture. I think this setup would be hard to beat at under 2k.
  19. ianstaub

    My Marantz 2270 doesn't sound any better than my modern Denon AVR-X1700H. What am I missing?

    Hi all, hoping for some opinions. TL;DR: I can't tell much of a difference between my un-serviced Marantz 2270 and Denon AVR-X1700H in A/B tests. What am I missing? Background: Since this summer I've been happily listening to music on my relatively new Denon AVR-X1700H feeding Klipsch Heresy...
  20. richiem46

    Starting my first 2325 Restoration and Looking for Guidance

    I just acquired a decent 2325 on the big auction site with the wood case. I received it several days ago and my first reaction was I could not believe how heavy the thing was! Even after removing the heavy wood case it is still a beast to move around the bench. The seller said the unit worked...
  21. DomPal

    Marantz 2270 - Sound at start but then protection relay kicks in after a while.

    Hello folks, I have a Marantz 2270 that I bought from ebay. When I first got it and connected everything, plugged it in the the power socket, it sounded great and everything worked. Then after maybe 2 hours of listening I heard a click from the relay then there was no sound. The music came back...
  22. S

    Volume problem with Marantz M-CR612

    Hello All, Since 2,5 year I have a Marantz M-CR612 networkplayer connected to a set of B&W speakers. Since one week the volume control does not work anymore. The hardware volume buttons don't work at all, but strange enough the volume can be changed in the first few seconds after turning the...
  23. K

    Marantz 1090 Power Amp Transistor Replacement

    Hello, all. I have a 1090 on the bench that had a failure in the power amp driver board. It appears Q718 shorted from the base to the emitter. The transistors in the path current flowed all seem to be effected, though Q718 is the only one with a dead short. I'm going to replace all the effected...
  24. V

    Marantz 2285B right channel issues

    Hello AKers ! First of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm a French guy looking for some help with my Marantz 2285B ;) Here is the problem: In "Phono 1" mode, with my L100 Centurys hooked, I have no sound in the right channel... The weird thing is that it doesn't do it all the time... - If I...
  25. richiem46

    Marantz 2275 P700 Component Selection Affecting Bias Setting

    I read a number of threads about bias issues with the P700 amp boards in the Marantz 2275 and in other Marantz units. A lot of great information freely shared by other members. I came away not completely clear on the best approach to restoring the P700 board and thought I would start another...
Back
Top Bottom