• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz

  1. richiem46

    Marantz 2275 P700 Diode Questions

    I am in the process of restoring a Marantz 2275 and I noticed that on the P700 amp boards there are two red/green "diodes" installed across J703 and J709 and J704 and J707. Two other 2275's I restored did not have these "diodes". I looked online at various pictures of the P700 and yes, some...
  2. P

    Sonos Port with Marantz receiver

    Hi, I hope someone with knowledge of the Sonos Port might be able to provide an answer. I'm thinking of adding a Port to my system, in order to sync it up with some Sonos players in other parts of the house. I'm in a bit of a quandary how I would connect it. As I see it, there are two options...
  3. Webini

    Marantz 6170 TT Feet Compatibility

    I’ve got a Marantz 6170 with one defective foot. Apparently the feet are unobtainium. Does anyone know of any other Marantz TT feet that are a fit? The TT1060 for instance? I know I could buy third party upgraded feet but frankly I don’t want to put $100 into this TT.
  4. M

    Marantz 4100 powering Mission 780 Argonauts MkII

    Hi All, Entry level enthusiast here. I was happy to score some Mission Argonauts off craigslist this week and went home to hook the 2 speakers up to marantz 4100 only to realize the speakers are 4 ohm and the amp is rated as 8 ohm. I've done some reading and it seems opinions are conflicted...
  5. Tala Mink

    No Sound In Right Channel Marantz 26

    I recently made a post about a model 26 that blew fuses, and found that the filter cap was shorted, I decided to do a full recap due to the age of the capacitors (60's grey elna) and now the thing powers up just fine. Now that it works there is another problem, no sound in the right channel. I...
  6. R

    2252B Replacement faceplate?

    Hey all, While returning home from the shop today with my beloved 2252B (just received new lighting and a routine cleaning), the worst possible thing happened - a car in front of mine stopped short and the unit flew into the seatback in front of it. The top/bottom right corners of the faceplate...
  7. Clenxi

    Marantz 1090 - lost channel on loudness

    Hi! didn't found that problem on the forum and asking for help. I bought some months ago that 1090 (gourgeus machine) with 2 problems. The first was some noise and parasitic on both channels (solved updating some little transistors on the pre-amp board QE05-QE08). Second problem is when i turn...
  8. jefferylhenr

    I completely recapped these 3800’s

    I have been considering doing the Burr Brown Opamp upgrade. They sound pretty special now. Does replacing the opamp make a notable difference. Driving a 250m and a 510m.
  9. VintageDutch

    Marantz Imperial 7G

    Hi all of you gurus. Yesterday I found a set of Marantz Imperial 7G speakers. All original parts... Contacted the seller, made a deal..for € 50,-- (indeed about 50 dollars also) ..I like to think that was dirt cheap. Picked them up today... I plan to test them Sunday during the Grand prix...
  10. OTHAJBL

    Help with static!!!

    New Member here and not sure where to post. Let me know if I need to move to a different section. Anyways I have a Marantz AV receiver SR 6003 with JBL P30’s and DCM bookshelf’s hooked up speaker A is p30s and speaker B is DCM. Subwoofer is active and plugged in via coax subwoofer preout. On...
  11. CoreyS

    Marantz 2235B 2SC875 Substitution (H706)

    My substitution list states 2N3440 as the replacement but I bought 2 and they both burned up. In an AK thread I saw that the KSC2383 is a substitution. Does anyone know? I have those in stock.
  12. schoocom

    Vu Meter moves but …

    Hi guys, I’m facing an issue with one of my 170DC vu meter. It moves, but in a sticky way, it’s slow to come down, doesn’t move freely in the beginning of the scale, …. I tried to unscrew a bit the little screw, heat it up with my iron … it corrects the problem with heat but as soon as it...
  13. L

    Marantz 115B Help

    Hello, Just reaching out and hoping a fellow 115B owner can help. I was recapping the PS01 board and stupidly didn't take a photo beforehand. When reattaching the board, I noticed some of the flimsy wires came detached. I have no clue where they all go since they are all different colors and...
  14. Jens Sinding

    What is the correct impedance for Marantz Imperial 6 phenolic tweeters?

    I recently found a pair of Imperial 6G’s for a very reasonable price (about 40$). The tweeters had suffered the fingers of destruction and were essentially missing the dust cap, so I ordered the supposedly drop in replacement, the GRS PRT-8 phenolic tweeter. However, the impedance of the old...
  15. cocovinyl176

    Marantz 7c Phono cable compliance

    Hey All, Any Marantz 7 owners out there experience any compliance issues with particular phono cables? I have a Jelco JAC-502 Din-RCA. The table is a Dr Feickert. This set up works without issue in my modern setup, however when it is set into the Marantz, I get a noisy connection that sounds...
  16. funkingkyle

    Preamp advice

    I'm trying to decide what to do with my preamp set up. Currently this is what I'm running: Marantz 2245 (using as preamp) Kit-built (by me) ICEpower125ASX2 power amp Seas Bragi MTM kit-built (by my friend) speakers Denon DP-62L turntable S.M.S.L M200 DAC connected directly to server computer...
  17. toby7362

    2245 speakers??

    Hello I have a Marantz 2245 and have paired it with Kenwood Kl888D’s. I listen to mostly rock music in a 12x14 living room with hardwood floors, and furniture. I don’t feel like I have a great sounding system and am thinking I need to change my speakers up. Not sure what would go with my...
  18. N

    Luxman R-117 value? Marantz 2230

    Can anyone give me a price/value on a nice Luxman R-117 receiver? It is located in Palouse, WA. It functions perfectly. It does have a few nicks on it. Thank you!! I also have a Marantz 2230 with one channel. If someone had an idea what it is worth with the channel out, please let me know. I...
  19. P

    Marantz PM550 DC - Restoration advice desperately needed on "where to next"?

    Hi team So I posted a few months back when I found this great looking Marantz amp online https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-pm-550dc-sound-output-distortion.985180/ From that thread I had posted... "The main issue is the sound output. At a low volume there is a distortion...
  20. T

    Marantz 6006 says 'unsupported' disk after lens cleaning

    Hi everyone, I wound up here after doing some googling on my CD player issues and it seemed like a nice place to maybe ask for some help so I'm hoping that's alright! My Marantz 6006 CD player sounds great but it's developed a habit of skipping around obnoxiously on every CD lately, the same...
  21. A

    Marantz 2226 Advanced Diagnosing..

    Hi AK'ers! Hoping for both some general and maybe more specific advice on diagnosing receivers. I'm fairly new to the vintage audio game, and so far my method has been "recap and listen" with some luck tracking down bad transistors, resistors, etc. The work I've done has so far turned out...
  22. C

    Running a Marantz 2230 with Marantz 140

    i am currently running my marantz model 140 power amp into the unswitched outlet on the back of the marantz 2230 and have been doing so for a few years now. the 140 doesn't have a power switch so i figured this would be an okay way to do things. i just recently realized that the unswitched...
  23. H

    Marantz PM7200 doesn't start after cleaning

    Hello everyone. I would like to get your ideas what went wrong with my amp. I bought it recently and it was very dirty - all pcb’s were covered with thick layer of dust. I cleaned dust with brush and pcb with spirit and contact cleaner, then cleaned with cotton buds. After that I switched on...
  24. lt.slothr0p

    Turntable Upgrade?

    Hi Everybody! I'm currently running a Sansui SR-222 mkii with an Empire 2000Z cartridge. But I see a Marantz 6100 listed locally at a good price. I've always loved the look of Marantz gear (although the 222 looks cool too) but to what extent would the 6100 be an upgrade over my current...
  25. met_engr

    Marantz 1120 testing

    Happened across a Marantz 1120 for sale by chance yesterday. Previous owner told me it had some channel balance issues and a scratchy volume pot so I'm cautious to let it drive my speakers since I only have one set currently. I've had some vintage stuff in the past, but nothing I'd invest much...
Back
Top Bottom