• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

new Klipsch Jubilee

Well its two years later and almost no one is talking about Jubilees. Where is all the enthusiasm gone? Or have people quietly bought them and now the market has become saturated? Or is it because with inflation being what it is no one is buying or has room for larger speakers. There are so many people saying they want speakers with great dynamics with out having to spend fortunes on amplifiers, that are full range, with low distortion and great definition. Well the Jubilee is the answer. With 105 db rating all you need is 50 watts per channel. A Quad 9000 Sansui might be the perfect choice. Another choice might be some well taken care pairs Marantz 8B or Mcintosh MC 240 amplifiers. Hafler made some great sounding lower powered FET amps that would be a great choice. So did B&K. Crown D-150 A's would be another choice restored. IMG_2229.jpg Dare I mention a multi channel QSC. Mcintosh MC 7104 would be where I would start looking or two MC 7100's.
 
Last edited:
I took my four sets of 1960s and 70s Heritage cabs (three Cornwalls, one Belle Klipsch) and rebuilt them with all new modern parts. New drivers, new crossovers, new wiring, and because these cabs all use the same mids, tweeters, AND woofers, I just bought another driver set (fifth set) as a service pair. No worry about future parts. These make a 2 channel and a Heritage home theater (IOW, two complete systems) and as such will never have to replace or mess with these speakers again. Point of fact, I bought these to begin with because these sort of rebuilds were and are an option.

The totality of ALL of these rebuilds is under 10K, I don't need a moving company to manipulate them, and I will have them for life. No "mystery" with respect to anything here. I don't NEED the Jubilees, nor do I need their price, nor do I really have a room proper for them. If I'm knocking down a half mil annual with a house to match, maybe so if I have $$$$ to blow, but in my environment I already have something "Jubilee Worthy" in reference to the spaces I have here and the systems therein. I'm already swatting flies with a nuke as it is, so I really don't see a need for these here. As is the case with much in audio, these are "for someone else".
 
I took my four sets of 1960s and 70s Heritage cabs (three Cornwalls, one Belle Klipsch) and rebuilt them with all new modern parts. New drivers, new crossovers, new wiring, and because these cabs all use the same mids, tweeters, AND woofers, I just bought another driver set (fifth set) as a service pair. No worry about future parts. These make a 2 channel and a Heritage home theater (IOW, two complete systems) and as such will never have to replace or mess with these speakers again. Point of fact, I bought these to begin with because these sort of rebuilds were and are an option.

The totality of ALL of these rebuilds is under 10K, I don't need a moving company to manipulate them, and I will have them for life. No "mystery" with respect to anything here. I don't NEED the Jubilees, nor do I need their price, nor do I really have a room proper for them. If I'm knocking down a half mil annual with a house to match, maybe so if I have $$$$ to blow, but in my environment I already have something "Jubilee Worthy" in reference to the spaces I have here and the systems therein. I'm already swatting flies with a nuke as it is, so I really don't see a need for these here. As is the case with much in audio, these are "for someone else".
Well spoken by a guy who has never owned Jubilees, which were the BASS HORN named by the man who created what you now own for life. IOW, you are happy with what you have and what you have done. Good for you.

On the other side of the coin, I have owned Jubilee Clones of the original underground variety, and now own a second pair which I helped test against the "Golden Jubilees" commissioned by Valeri Klipsch (PWK's widow). and have traveled 4,000 miles total to buy a second pair from a LATE Klipsch Pro dealer I helped build THE very pair of Clone variant 11 years ago. These are a few inches taller to allow for THREE 12" drivers. I just got back from Little Rock, AR to MI with the 4 missing K-31's to put in there.

In my case, I won't be happy until ALL my main channel "lifetime" speakers have HORN bass. The Super Heresy's I mod, will be good enough for surround duty (maybe).

But for you to say you don't "NEED" Jubilees or "Jubilee Worthiness" is only true for YOU. Such a bold statement from someone who has never lived with Jubilees at all (I presume), and enjoyed LOW DISTORTION Bass definition with superior TRANSIENT IMPACT. Just sayin'.
 
Last edited:
Well spoken by a guy who has never owned Jubilees, which were the BASS HORN named by the man who created what you now own for life. IOW, you are happy with what you have and what you have done. Good for you.

On the other side of the coin, I have owned Jubilee Clones of the original underground variety, and now own a second pair which I helped test against the "Golden Jubilees" commissioned by Valeri Klipsch (PWK's widow). and have traveled 4,000 miles total to buy a second pair from a LATE Klipsch Pro dealer I helped build THE very pair of Clone variant 11 years ago. These are a few inches taller to allow for THREE 12" drivers. I just got back from Little Rock, AR to MI with the 4 missing K-31's to put in there.

In my case, I won't be happy until ALL my main channel "lifetime" speakers have HORN bass. The Super Heresy's I mod, will be good enough for surround duty (maybe).

But for you to say you don't "NEED" Jubilees or "Jubilee Worthiness" is only true for YOU. Such a bold statement from someone who has never lived with Jubilees at all (I presume), and enjoyed LOW DISTORTION Bass definition with superior TRANSIENT IMPACT. Just sayin'.

It's like owning a Lambo, just something I would never do or need. I don't understand anyone who owns one of those either, all you get is pulled over (just ask rich tourists in Cali who rent these). For the SPECIFIC person with the RIGHT SPACE and ENDLESS MONEY TO BLOW, yeah, sure. Re the Jubilee, I'm like the Lambo driver, all I will get is arrested.

Paul built my speakers too, it's one more reason I decided NOT to part with what I have.

I IS true for me. And apparently it's true for a lot of others, although Klipsch probably won't tell us how many they sell. It IS cool to see them "reach for the best" that they an do, but those aren't things that will find a home in my listening room.

And hey, if you hadn't shown me how to get the most out of my existing cabs.....LOL :) I'd say the Devil Made Me Do It but I think MUCH more of you than that :) :) I would also add that SOME of us - when we get to where we have squeezed all we can - that we feel we can within the parameters of the usage space - that we just go into "listening mode" and enjoy, I've been here with two systems, now for the second time, where my systems are in a place I want them to be and sound as I think they generally should.

I COULD do better but I have other interests and limited income, therefore there's a lot to be happy with when you are happy with what you have to be happy with (Robert Fripp).
 
And hey, if you hadn't shown me how to get the most out of my existing cabs.....LOL :) I'd say the Devil Made Me Do It but I think MUCH more of you than that :) :) I would also add that SOME of us - when we get to where we have squeezed all we can
I can't afford new Jubes either, but I had the "underground" ones for a year. 2 different pairs of Khorns for 30. Countless LaScalas with and without subs. I totally get that you are satisfied with your investment. PWK used to borrow a phrase from Packard ads: "Ask the man who owns them."

So my only point is your statement, which might influence weaker minds, about higher Distortion, Direct Radiator BASS, being good enough, without being spoiled by Jubes or Khorns, holds no veracity. Don't be like all the Klipsch Forum Naysayers of 15 years ago (where you could get the commercial pairs with K-402's for $8,000) that never even HEARD them, and bad mouthing the product of PWK and Roy. That is my only point. I still have Cornwalls, 3 pairs of Super Heresys, and and 2 commercial Heresy pairs (KPT 250). But I could NEVER mention them in the same sentence as Jubilees, even though I'm still working on my second pair.

If a cone moves, it distorts. So unless you have done like my best friend and have experienced builds using Eight 15" woofers per speaker, or any kind of full Bass Horn (reducing cone motion 8x), you can't honestly say that a single woofer is "good enough" in the same sentence comparing to real HORN bass, and Jubilees (the best Klipsch Horn Bass) or a clone thereof with any Credibility.

OK? Otherwise, you might get a Klipsch BULLSHIT button in the mail. LOL. You are better than that.

PS: You can RENT a Lamborghini, but not a Jubilee 75.
 
In MY HT room, NINE 15" woofers smile at you and work in tandem to provide bass as effortless as any I have heard in any system anywhere. I think it is because I have distributed the low end across ALL of those drivers that makes it such that no ONE driver has to do all of the work. It's not horn loaded but in this room not required to get SPLs beyond reason :-) The "throttle" exceeds my needs, and it's TIGHT.

There is NO DOUBT that fully horn loaded bass into the teens is another league entirely, and if I had the room and money for that, I just might go for a $100,000 Jube "Six Pack" and go to town. In my case, back on the forum when Q-Man was making his "All Klipschorn Theater", I actually tried that idea and came to the conclusion that Cornwalls were more appropriate for my room - more than enough "engine" and the right "box" for the job (see also the Cornwall II "lowboyed" in a theater).

It's not about "badmouthing", it's about the realization of all considerations - room, budget, etc etc etc that determines why FOR ME Jubes aren't on the "want list". This does not mean they aren't the best that company has produced, it's just that I have what I like and want, that works in MY space.

I DID state what it WOULD take for me to take interest, like half mil annual salary, home to house them properly, etc. By NO means would I say they aren't better at what they are built for. The question was "why is no one talking bout Jubilees" and the answer to that is "well, most of us have no need or real want or realistic path to own those, and that's the overwhelming number of us". Not that the speaker isn't impressive, it's just not "for me", especially in light of what I DO have. Limitless budgets and spaces might do otherwise.
 
I would also add that this forum just tends to focus on used/rebuilt stuff. Just like there's not much talk on NEW Mac gear in the Mac forum. Mostly it's vintage and rebuilds over there as it is here on the Klipsch Korner.
 
I would also add that this forum just tends to focus on used/rebuilt stuff. Just like there's not much talk on NEW Mac gear in the Mac forum. Mostly it's vintage and rebuilds over there as it is here on the Klipsch Korner.

That's the thing that bothers me about AK. Even though I no longer own vintage audio equipment, It still interests me a little and I enjoy seeing the photos of people's vintage systems. But I wish AK offered more forums on new or newer audio equipment categorized by brand. I'd venture to say that there are more people who don't want stuff that's 30 or more years old, than do. AK doesn't need to abandon vintage or DIY, just clearly divide the forums between vintage, DIY, and new.
 
I don't think it's a question of forum category, it's a question of interest. If you had divided forums for Mac, as an example, I doubt much that they would be busy.

I also think that the "forum" format is "an older person" thing. This format popularized itself some 20ish years ago, the "forum" as seen here is an outdated device and tends to have many overlooking it as an option, especially when people come and don't see new products here.

Most who buy NEW Mac get dealer support etc etc and don't have to gather here. Not that a few won't show of course.....and point of fact a LOT of manufacturers sell new stuff without the "promo" that a forum might provide, they let their dealers etc do that work.
 
In MY HT room, NINE 15" woofers smile at you and work in tandem to provide bass as effortless as any I have heard in any system anywhere. I think it is because I have distributed the low end across ALL of those drivers that makes it such that no ONE driver has to do all of the work. It's not horn loaded but in this room not required to get SPLs beyond reason :) The "throttle" exceeds my needs, and it's TIGHT.

There is NO DOUBT that fully horn loaded bass into the teens is another league entirely, and if I had the room and money for that, I just might go for a $100,000 Jube "Six Pack" and go to town. In my case, back on the forum when Q-Man was making his "All Klipschorn Theater", I actually tried that idea and came to the conclusion that Cornwalls were more appropriate for my room - more than enough "engine" and the right "box" for the job (see also the Cornwall II "lowboyed" in a theater).

It's not about "badmouthing", it's about the realization of all considerations - room, budget, etc etc etc that determines why FOR ME Jubes aren't on the "want list". This does not mean they aren't the best that company has produced, it's just that I have what I like and want, that works in MY space.

I DID state what it WOULD take for me to take interest, like half mil annual salary, home to house them properly, etc. By NO means would I say they aren't better at what they are built for. The question was "why is no one talking bout Jubilees" and the answer to that is "well, most of us have no need or real want or realistic path to own those, and that's the overwhelming number of us". Not that the speaker isn't impressive, it's just not "for me", especially in light of what I DO have. Limitless budgets and spaces might do otherwise.

You never answered TWIIII's question until several posts that ALL justified NOT owning them. I don't disagree with your position. Just pointing out FACTS. Which is basically more justification for talking about Cornwalls INSTEAD of Jubes.
 
I feel like I’m among the younger participants here. I’m 52.

I found the Klipsch forum before Google even existed, using a search engine like Lycos or Excite to run a search on the Klipsch Cornwall. If you ask most today where they might find a similar function or group the younger would look to other forms of social media. Forums were social media before that stuff ever existed, and for a generation who grew up on that have no issue with that setup. It's much more foreign to younger types today who grew up on FB, etc etc etc....

If a younger, upwardly mobile professional or similar type ran into a Jubilee by some accident or happenstance on the web it would probably come through FB and not us.

You never answered TWIIII's question until several posts that ALL justified NOT owning them. I don't disagree with your position. Just pointing out FACTS. Which is basically more justification for talking about Cornwalls INSTEAD of Jubes.

Fair enough, I've answered the best I can :-)
 
My entry to the Internet was via Usenet groups in the early 90‘s. As the WWW grew, I shifted to forums and by the late ‘00’s, I’d shifted to social media, eventually parlaying into a brief career as a social media marketing consultant, until I learned the hard truth that at my mid 40’s, no matter my credentials, analytics and experience, I was too old to get hired.
 
I don't think it's a question of forum category, it's a question of interest. If you had divided forums for Mac, as an example, I doubt much that they would be busy.

I also think that the "forum" format is "an older person" thing. This format popularized itself some 20ish years ago, the "forum" as seen here is an outdated device and tends to have many overlooking it as an option, especially when people come and don't see new products here.

Most who buy NEW Mac get dealer support etc etc and don't have to gather here. Not that a few won't show of course.....and point of fact a LOT of manufacturers sell new stuff without the "promo" that a forum might provide, they let their dealers etc do that work.

Well, I'm in my 60's and am interested in owners' experiences with both new AND older equipment. Not sure why we can't get both on one forum site. Having both might alleviate some of the heated new vs. vintage banter that always makes its way into these threads. How can you judge the amount of interest when it's never been tried? My guess is that the AK board consists of vintage audio enthusiasts or DIYers only.
 
Well, I'm in my 60's and am interested in owners' experiences with both new AND older equipment. Not sure why we can't get both on one forum site. Having both might alleviate some of the heated new vs. vintage banter that always makes its way into these threads. How can you judge the amount of interest when it's never been tried? My guess is that the AK board consists of vintage audio enthusiasts or DIYers only.

I begged and begged and begged for an opinion on the McIntosh MC255 and couldn't get one. I couldn't get much detail on the MC205 either, which was a very popular piece for Mc over the 10+ years that was built. In the end I negotiated a deal on an MC255 such that if I did end up having to sell it, I could - but in the end it stayed here because in the end, hearing is believing.

I haven't seen much talk on that since I bought mine, either, including not much for "me toos" on the MC255 or similar in my Klipsch HT rebuild thread (save for maybe one who is posting here in this thread actually, who had the 205/207 series).

So I feel for you, as much of a fund of info that this site is for vintage, its strength is really in that and not much for new gear unfortunately. Nobody is preventing anyone from posting on new stuff here, it's just that people......don't.
 
I would also add that this forum just tends to focus on used/rebuilt stuff. Just like there's not much talk on NEW Mac gear in the Mac forum. Mostly it's vintage and rebuilds over there as it is here on the Klipsch Korner.
So to get back on track. My Jube clones (built 10 1/2 years ago by me and W.C.) have room for THREE 12" woofer in the slightly taller cabinet. The initial Taper is more gradual but it models very well with K-31's. 12 Watts of power input will get you to 130 db. without breaking a sweat, but I would still use my Slim, 6 foot tall Lowarhorn with it (Super Tapped Horn) which is flat to 14 Hz. to 50 Hz. A great, low distortion crossover point to a real SUB.
 
I begged and begged and begged for an opinion on the McIntosh MC255 and couldn't get one. I couldn't get much detail on the MC205 either, which was a very popular piece for Mc over the 10+ years that was built. In the end I negotiated a deal on an MC255 such that if I did end up having to sell it, I could - but in the end it stayed here because in the end, hearing is believing.

I haven't seen much talk on that since I bought mine, either, including not much for "me toos" on the MC255 or similar in my Klipsch HT rebuild thread (save for maybe one who is posting here in this thread actually, who had the 205/207 series).

So I feel for you, as much of a fund of info that this site is for vintage, its strength is really in that and not much for new gear unfortunately. Nobody is preventing anyone from posting on new stuff here, it's just that people......don't.
The world has moved on to Texas Instrument Chip amps, Hypex, and Purifi Class D. All the rest is technologically obsolete and over priced. You don't need more than 10 Watts for horns, so using Class A and Tube "space heaters" is still possible, but only in Winter. LOL
 
I wonder how many pair they've actually sold? I'd be surprised if it were more than single digits.
 
Back
Top Bottom