• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
For now I am carrying an older Benchmade. It’s a bit heavy but I do like this one.

What are y’all carrying. Would love to see some pictures.

Grumpy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 23
Register to hide this ad
Kershaw's Ken Onion design do it best for me. I have the larger/heavier model for everyday and the smaller, stainless for dress. Been using them for 30yr and they do all I could ask, including holding a good edge. I especially like their "spring assist" opening and lock-open features. Fast to deploy and don't have to worry about folding back on one's
finger's.

Onion.jpg
 
Victrinox Mini Champ for the last 30 years. I collected most of them Ken Onion Kershaws and love them all, even purchased the little Chive to replace the Champ but that only lasted a week, I like having the other tools on the Champ. The little Chive sits on my computer desk now and the others spread through out the house.
1712777679313.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Have been carrying various CRKT models since my cousin that worked there back in the day turned me on to them.

Carried the M16 back in my boarding and inspecting ships days and this has been my every day for the last 15 or so years.

20240410_160007.jpg20240410_160119.jpg
 
My two favorites are both Gerber's.

Bolt Action drop point
gerber-bolt-action.jpg

Mini-Remix twin blade
gerber-mini-remix-2-blade.jpg
The newer version the serrated blade has much more aggressive teeth and isn't as useful.
 
I'm on a knife binge right now. I go through this every 8 to 10 years. I have to buy knives to satisfy this urge. I have many Victorinox knives, both pocket and kitchen, along with numerous Henkels, Whustofs and Zwillings. My recent binge is for EDC spring assisted folders. I find them on ebay and am actually very impressed with the US designed, China made knives that I have come across. The average price for these is around ten dollars and are surprisingly well put together. I have gotten three Karambit style knives and I like the ones I have purchased. There are many styles available. I could purchase 6 for the same cost as my big Swiss Army Knife. The binge will be over this week. I am satisfied with what I have.
 
Wow, some really awesome knives. I’ll post a few more mine that go in the rotation When I get some
 
I carry my Kershaw mostly and I don't want my Benchmade to look like that. Both are Automatics and I carried them in the "SandBox" for a few years.


resized knife.jpg
 
Ruike LD51B. I also have a Leatherman multi tool which I use mainly at home. The Ruike has 23 tools & pretty much covers all scenarios.

1712839321779.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom