• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

One of the reasons I've carried the Gerber Bolt Action for so many yrs, slim, lightweight, great locking mech, takes and holds a nice edge.

As an electrician my tools are important.

I have a good friend who always brings his Gerber when we go camping..That knife really holds an edge
 
I found my newest EDC knife, the Kershaw 1304BW Speedsafe for virtually free at an estate sale. It has a smooth thumbstud flipper action for easy one-handed opening.

Kershaw Speedsafe 1304BW switchblade knife 2.jpg
 
Last edited:
My go-to EDC blade before the Kershaw was the vintage Schrade LB7 Lockback knife (bottom), a workhorse which was purchased along with its leather holster for a song in Tijuana, Mexico over 40 years ago! My easiest carry due to its size is the Schrade Old Timer, a great find for me at a garage sale! It may be small, but works for anything I need a blade for.
I picked up the Sheffield Boreal knife pair at a local garage sale simply because I liked the look of the hardwood handles.

Knives.JPG
 
Last edited:
My go-to EDC blade before the Kershaw was the vintage Schrade LB7 Lockback knife (bottom), a workhorse which was purchased along with its leather holster for a song in Tijuana, Mexico over 40 years ago! My easiest carry due to its size is the Schrade Old Timer, a great find for me at a garage sale! It may be small, but works for anything I need a blade for.
I picked up the Sheffield Boreal knife pair at a local garage sale simply because I liked the look of the hardwood handles.

View attachment 3173992

My older brother's EDC from when we were kids, the Buck 110 folding hunter and the 120

KI_2208_BUCK_01_jac2.jpg

1967-1972-buck-120-general-worth-anything-v0-59g48eyuk7x91.jpg
 
I have one of the little Swiss Army jobs on my keychain, the blade is hardly usable but the other tools are. I have a big folding two blade Case that I will carry if I feel the need.
 
I don't carry a good knife on a work day because they catch so much abuse..sometimes I take two just in case
 
Didn't realize I needed an everyday knife. Probably need an everyday screwdriver more.
 
Glad someone posted a buck..the 110 is still made in the USA today

my 110 is from their custom shop a bunch of years back. The wife always steals my knives... so she got me the buck for xmas engraved saying "Hands Off" on the blade and "James" "Only" on the bolsters. It was my EDC for a while, but I found it too heavy for my pocket at times.
 

Attachments

  • 20230218_191958.jpg
    20230218_191958.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6
my 110 is from their custom shop a bunch of years back. The wife always steals my knives... so she got me the buck for xmas engraved saying "Hands Off" on the blade and "James" "Only" on the bolsters. It was my EDC for a while, but I found it too heavy for my pocket at times.

My brother always carried it on his belt same as the 120.
 
Back
Top Bottom