• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

Like vintage audio gear, my wife says I have too many knives. I rotate out my EDC about once a month, kinda like you would wear a different watch occasionally.

This Ferrum Forge Gent is my current EDC.


IMG-3401.jpg




IMG-3400.jpg

REALLY nice knife. Neat deep carry clip, too.
 
Found this nice Schmidt Bros acacia wood handle paring knife and sheath at an estate sale. Their asking price wouldn't allow them to remain there.

Schmidt Bros Cutlery German stainless steel no.2  4”_10cm paring knife.jpg
 
Last edited:
My Smith And Wesson. Had this one a long time, an easy carry. I like the 2 blade design. My Buck & Schrade knives weigh too much for everyday carry.
View attachment 3218721
S&W have some nice EDC knives! I found the CH400 Cuttin Horse knife at a garage sale, only a single blade though. Don't clean the blade with metal polish or you'll erase the blade's cuttin horse emblem, ask me how I know...:no:

Smith & Wesson knife.jpgSmith & Wesson knife 2.jpg
 
Still this one. Spyderco UK PK. Doesn't even have a lock. It's just si thin, trim and light. Live the thin scales and the deep carry wire clip.

I was given this one by a knife store owner and bought a second one a few years later.

index.php
 
Picked up another EDC, the Evatac Rescue knife in a nice shadow black color. It has a smooth thumbstud flipper action blade for easy one-handed opening. The handle has a belt cutter along with a glass breaker on the end. This knife is thick and heavy and I love the way it feels in my hand.
Evatac ET-RKBLK EDC knife from www.ApeSurvival.com 2.jpgEvatac.jpg
 
Last edited:
Two Victorinox multitool folders, one army standard, the other a Tech Line special order found at a flea market. Never seen another.
 
This is my backup when I can't find my everyday knife. It belonged to an old friend who has since passed away. Actually it was the guy we lived next door to when I went to college. He would buy us alcohol and tell me to turn down my stereo down once in a while. Awesome old man and we became friends for a long time.20241122_183146.jpg20241122_183229.jpg
 
Nice collection ! I would imagine that most of us who are addicted to the steel probably own many of the same blades....I have about half of these, got a Benchmade 580 Barrage (@ the 3 o`clock position) in my pocket right now.

I would like the Benchmade knives a lot better if the were a little thinner. The 410 is my favorite of the ones I have. The Gryp and the 410 would probably get classified as "gravity knives". They both will open without use of the thumb.

The Spyderco Para 2 is about near perfect. Another 1/2" of blade and I would say it was. Don't like their other locks.

Of course I don't carry the Gerbers.

I have a hand-made butterfly from the Phillipines. My FIL brought it back. The liners are brass from a small artillery casing, and anyone's guess what the blade is made from.
 
Back
Top Bottom