• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

This one isn't an EDC. It belonged to my dad who used it when deer hunting.

I didn't much think about it until earlier today when I found a pic of a Case knife then wondered. I dug it out and looked up some info.
Has some value as well.

I'm fairly certain my dad made the sheath for it himself. He always did things like that. He'd buy a rifle, remove the stock, buy stock blanks and work them to fit his rifles to himself. Big outdoorsman.

It's a Case 5265SAB from 1965-1969.

IMG_20241227_110857782.jpg

IMG_20241227_110755251.jpg

IMG_20241227_110708112.jpg
IMG_20241227_112746115.jpg
 
Last edited:
That Case looks like the one I saw as I was approaching the corner heading home. The car in front of me ran over it. I jumped out of my car and snatched it off the road. It was in surprisingly good shape. Case has always made a quality product. I cleaned it up and sharpened the blades; so they would shave the hair off my arms. It was a nice find for free. I won't be selling it.
 
That Case looks like the one I saw as I was approaching the corner heading home. The car in front of me ran over it. I jumped out of my car and snatched it off the road. It was in surprisingly good shape. Case has always made a quality product. I cleaned it up and sharpened the blades; so they would shave the hair off my arms. It was a nice find for free. I won't be selling it.
If you want to learn more about it, look here:
https://www.casexx.com/library/secret.asp
 
Case makes a decent knife and older ones are readily available. I got several for my son. Stockman style in the year of his birth, the year he graduated high school, etc. They are nice but don't compare to modern flippers with liner locks or frame locks. Too easy to cut yourself on heavy tasks without blade locks. Lots of really good modern stuff out there.
 
Currently the hefty US Made Kershaw 1870

IMG-3516.jpg

IMG-3517.jpg
 
I love collecting knives and found a few for cheep at a garage sale. Not in perfect condition, the owner said his dad picked up a bunch while on a business trip to Pakistan many moons ago.

Pakistan switchblades 2.jpgPakistan switchblades.jpg
 
Last edited:
This week Ive been stuffing an old Spyderco Enduara with the Zome desert camo scales in my pocket as a mail/beer bottle opener. As you can see it's been gutting a out a million Scamazon boxes lately.

Seki City mfg w/plain-old VG-10 steel. It's thin and light, with a long pokey blade.

1000011787.jpg
1000011786.jpg

I found it on Massdrop six years ago for $69 dollars (nice).
 
MitsuMan, that is what I love about Victorinox knives. They sharpen readily but do not dull quickly. On top of 4 or 5 Swiss Army Knives, I have at least a dozen Victorinox kitchen knives. They are are all wonderful pieces of steel. I have one kitchen knife that is close to 15" long, a pointed ham knife, and I have always considered making it into a spear. I think I better talk to the cops about that first.
 
Hey all, I am in the market for a new EDC for dress and daily carry but not work and backyard chores as I have a cheap and dirty True for that. After lots of research and the assistance of ChatGPT, I narrowed my 10 selections down to the Vosteed Marten 330. Ironically, this was the first selection I made when I first started searching. I would prefer the pocket clip went a bit further as to not show any of the knife sticking out of the pocket but it isn't a show stopper. My question comes down to the Color choices. I originally picked Black with Gold blade. But now I find myself drawn to the Blue with Purple accents. Just wondering if others would choose the black to be more inconspicuous or not let the tiny bit of color showing effect their choice.

1790262759974.png
1790262790701.png
 
Back
Top Bottom