• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

I used to be into knives and carry them in grade school a million years ago. Nobody cared back then -- very innocent days -- until you throw them into the ground on the playground after school. Then it turned out the principal cared :( (even then, it was a mild discussion -- nobody thought of anybody doing anything crazy with a knife back then). Among others, I had a Buck (I guess it was the 110 looking at the pictures) -- I remember polishing the brass with "Brasso" as it would tarnish pretty quickly.

My dad used to always carry a Christy sliding knife on his keychain.

il_794xN.3925254788_fzp8.jpg
 
My carry is a little different. I ride a mobility scooter in the desert. I’ve come across some beasties out here. And on a mobility scooter, there’s no doors or windows. Totally exposed. So my carrying knife reflects that.
A double sided Chad from Cold Steel.
I used the glass breaker on the handle on the skull of a very large dog once. I imagine he had quite the headache for a few days.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0562.jpeg
    IMG_0562.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 7
I used to be into knives and carry them in grade school a million years ago. Nobody cared back then -- very innocent days -- until you throw them into the ground on the playground after school. Then it turned out the principal cared :( (even then, it was a mild discussion -- nobody thought of anybody doing anything crazy with a knife back then). Among others, I had a Buck (I guess it was the 110 looking at the pictures) -- I remember polishing the brass with "Brasso" as it would tarnish pretty quickly.

My dad used to always carry a Christy sliding knife on his keychain.

il_794xN.3925254788_fzp8.jpg
I remember those days. 7th grade my pocket may have 4 or 5 different knives in it. Teacher said keep them in your pocket. Had a buck hunting knife with a broke tip in high school. Took it to shop class to fix the tip and my instructor takes it to the grinder and did it for me. Different times for sure. Now I carry something inexpensive for everyday use. I’ve lost so many good knives over the years. My best knife is more of a showpiece and stays locked up in a gun safe. A CaseXX Double Eagle Hunter. IMG_3606.jpegIMG_3607.jpeg
 
Just picked up a Kershaw Emerson CQC -6K.

Never got the Emerson hype/price point. I like the ergonomics and the wave function works a heck of a lot better than I thought. For $50, I’m liking it a lot
 
This week’s EDC is going to be an army style 15 inch heavy engineer bolo machete. Good enough to cut through the Burma jungle in WW2; so I am looking forward to it over-performing in my backyard. This machete has some serious heft to it.

IMG_20240430_210917955_HDR.jpg
 
Last edited:
I carried five different ones for the unique tool utilities each afforded, unfortunately lost one Bucklite orange handle survival kit lockblade folder with great sentimental value somewhere sometime.
One is a unique Victorinox Techline custom order tool knife that the VI representative @ Smoky Mountain didn't recognise as one of theirs, tho it plainly is, and marked as such on the main blade.
 
KS7100BW_1.jpg
I'm carrying an Auto Kershaw Launch right now. I like their stuff, and I'm a fan of the Ken Onion blade profiles. I don't think this is one but the influence seems there to me.Gotta say you'd better hold on when you push the button, it will definitely let you know it's opening.
 

Been carrying this one for more then 25 years I have replaced the scales (handle slabs) once and will do it again if need be. I could replace it but the new ones has a plastic magnifying lens and I use that a LOT in the shop reading sizes off drill bits etc. so I will keep this one. Due to the new scales mine has been upgraded to include a sewing pin and writing pen. The sewing pin is great for slivers the writing pen I have used twice.
 
My Smith And Wesson. Had this one a long time, an easy carry. I like the 2 blade design. My Buck & Schrade knives weigh too much for everyday carry.
IMG_0852.jpeg
 
I discovered this KERSHAW CRYO at a local pawn shop 4-5 years ago. It never leaves my side (pocket). My other KERSHAW knife is an older, higher quality design that remains near my TV chair for occasional use.

1555ti_back-open_web.png
 
The good old spyderco tenacious in my toolbox gets the most use outside of the house. (not shown)

2nd is the opinel no 8, which I use for most things needing a thin blade and finally my putting on airs le-thiers companion for boating/picnics when one needs to do something bougie like slice cheese, lol.

IMG_20240718_184017429_HDR.jpeg
 
Here's my everyday carry knife at present,the small lightweight Gerber LST Folder.

For awhile I was carrying a Kershaw Leek on a belt clip and had that razor sharp SOB open up on me and cut me to ribbons a few times. Was pretty bad the last time, and that's it, I retired it.
And yes, it does have a lock.

 
There are several knives in my EDC rotation. Today`s ride-along is this Viper by Lionsteel (Maniago, Italy). Bohler M690 steel takes & holds a great edge, fit & finish is impressive, inside and out. Carbon fiber scales. Outstanding value for the $ spent.

1725420741755.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom