• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Japan recently has a sort of special relationship with DHL and for small items it's fine. However with large items, it's a different story. Try shipping some speakers and you'll find out all about DHL and Japan's department of safety. With as many valuable and delicate items as hifido ships every week, they don't use DHL. I'm pretty sure the above picture tells you why.
 
Here's an interesting thought I just had about my turntable:

When you go to the vintage knob page about the GT-2000, by scrolling to the bottom of the information panel there is a link to a HiFiDo listing of a GT 2000 with a YSA-1. That is my GT 2000 and YSA-1.

https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/?KW=Yamaha+YS&G=1&LNG=E&O=0&L=10&C=08-38726-25013-50

How coincidental is that?

You can also see the bargain price I got them both for

Speaking of bargains, as loaded as this one is, it is most definitely not one:

i-img1200x724-1615544789mzuigl121543.jpg

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k538106607
 
My AT-OC9 has arrived. What sort of headshell should I combine it with for my GT-2000L please? I recently bought a lot of Tone Poets that i want to try.
 
I support you 100%! That is who I got my GT-2000L from and it arrived in three days and with no damage what-so-ever. I think the key is that they get it to you the quickest way, and you pay for it. It means the least amount of handling, with the shortest turnaround reducing risk. Just my opinion. But not the cheapest way to shop. But very low risk and that is something I like. I hate building up my expectations only to be disappointed.
Just in case people are wondering how the folks at HiFiDo pack, here are a few pics of a new acquisition :)

They are true professionals! (no, I have no affiliation)
 

Attachments

  • 03A50C85-1613-4DB5-9DF2-85D32694F887.jpeg
    03A50C85-1613-4DB5-9DF2-85D32694F887.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 46
hello everyone... I've been lurking and just got through all 143 pages! I am awaiting a GT-2000 from Hifido - my "remittance transaction" was just confirmed Saturday so I don't expect to see it for some time (Azuma says shipping is backed up). My current TT is a Micro Seiki DD-40, but I've been lusting after this beast for awhile now - kept talking myself out of it, but you all pushed me over the edge! If I was concerned, I just received a message from the turntable gods that it was meant to be - I checked the serial number: 03431... the last four digits of my work phone number. I bought the GT-2000 with the installed YAL-1, newly fabricated cover, and the aftermarket feet (which look quite nice, though I have no idea what they are, or if they are appropriate - Azuma "thinks" they are a "stainless steel product from Mitsuke-Seiki Industry of Japan" - I do not see much info on them, at quick glance, except for beautiful cello end pins) ... apologies in advance - I am busy, self-employed with two kids in college, and not much of a forum poster but I will report back when I take delivery and become an ownerHiFiDo_GT2000.jpg HiFiDo_GT2000_10.jpg HiFiDo_GT2000_12.jpg - fingers crossed.
 
Last edited:
hello everyone... I've been lurking and just got through all 143 pages! I am awaiting a GT-2000 from Hifido - my "remittance transaction" was just confirmed Saturday so I don't expect to see it for some time (Azuma says shipping is backed up). My current TT is a Micro Seiki DD-40, but I've been lusting after this beast for awhile now - kept talking myself out of it, but you all pushed me over the ledge! If I was concerned, I just received a message from the turntable gods that it was meant to be - I checked the serial number: 03431... the last four digits of my work phone number. I bought the GT-2000 with the installed YAL-1, newly fabricated cover, and the aftermarket feet (which look quite nice, though I have no idea what they are, or if they are appropriate - Azuma "thinks" they are a "stainless steel product from Mitsuke-Seiki Industry of Japan" - I do not see much info on them, at quick glance, except for beautiful cello end pins) ... apologies in advance - I am busy, self-employed with two kids in college, and not much of a forum poster but I will report back when I take delivery and become an ownerView attachment 2165720 View attachment 2165721 View attachment 2165723 - fingers crossed.

Congrats! The TT will come quicker than you think, Azuma said the same about my recent acquisition and it arrived in 5 days! You made a great choice.

Have fun.

Kind Regards,
Kevin
 
Thank you! And, btw, I plan on using a Hana MH that a friend is holding for me (with either an HS-11 or Project Signature AL headshell) and ordering a YOP-1 clone from Alexander very soon if everything checks out... front end is Yamaha AS-2100... not quite the AS-3000, but it's incredible
 
Thank you! And, btw, I plan on using a Hana MH that a friend is holding for me (with either an HS-11 or Project Signature AL headshell) and ordering a YOP-1 clone from Alexander very soon if everything checks out... front end is Yamaha AS-2100... not quite the AS-3000, but it's incredible
Sent you a PM
 
hello everyone... I've been lurking and just got through all 143 pages! I am awaiting a GT-2000 from Hifido - my "remittance transaction" was just confirmed Saturday so I don't expect to see it for some time (Azuma says shipping is backed up). My current TT is a Micro Seiki DD-40, but I've been lusting after this beast for awhile now - kept talking myself out of it, but you all pushed me over the edge! If I was concerned, I just received a message from the turntable gods that it was meant to be - I checked the serial number: 03431... the last four digits of my work phone number. I bought the GT-2000 with the installed YAL-1, newly fabricated cover, and the aftermarket feet (which look quite nice, though I have no idea what they are, or if they are appropriate - Azuma "thinks" they are a "stainless steel product from Mitsuke-Seiki Industry of Japan" - I do not see much info on them, at quick glance, except for beautiful cello end pins) ... apologies in advance - I am busy, self-employed with two kids in college, and not much of a forum poster but I will report back when I take delivery and become an ownerView attachment 2165720 View attachment 2165721 View attachment 2165723 - fingers crossed.

Congratulations 4x2 and welcome to the AK forum and GT page! You will be glad you went with Hifido.
 
Thank you - looking forward to hearing what all the hype is about! I *love* my DD-40 with it's MA-505 tonearm, "excellent" rated platter resonance, and absolutely rock-steady FG servo motor (which, in turn, blows away the FG servo motor in my old Technics fully-auto SL-D3 ... I have to periodically correct the platter speed on it)... I can only imagine what the GT motor and mass brings.
 
Back
Top Bottom