• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

It’s tedious, yet a good project. But I think as a group, editing it to function is more important than word for word copying, some if it just won’t come across right no matter how I try.

I really enjoy the rough translation though, it has character. I know some of the word for word translations will be gibberish but please dont polish it too much.
 
Excellent, my TT should be arriving from Unisound soon, I hope in one piece. I’m hoping to have a c series pre-amp fixed and an m-85 recapped. Right now I’ve got an A-520 running NS-1000M. I’ve have my original Yamaha system since I was a kid, lately I wanted to see if I could build the system I couldn’t touch as a teenager. I was fortunate to know the east coast Yamaha manager as a kid.

When you get it, make sure you take pictures of it before you open it and while you open it, every little step, all sides top and bottom all packaging, even before you take the tape off once its out of the bubblewrap, thats what I did when I received my order from Unisound, my dust cover had a crack, and there was a small crush on the back corner of the plinth, I emailed them to let them know, they asked for detailed pictures and a few days later they offered me some monetary compensation to which I was overjoyed with. We are not allowed to discuss prices here but ill say this much, my GT-2000 final cost was a tiny bit more than the cost of buying a GT-1000 on Ebay.
 
Mine had damage to the same area too. It could have been prevented by putting a bit more of a sturdy foam in between plinth and cover.
 
If I pay good money for something, I shouldn't have to walk the seller through properly packing a valuable item. The only company I will trust for overseas shipping is hifido or the shippers I've personally used in Japan. The next items I ship will hopefully be packed myself and shipped back to my home. However, if hifido were to offer shipping service for items I bring to them (they will not, I've asked) I'd do it in a heartbeat because they can get the best rates on business class shipping and their boxes are bulletproof.
 
HiFiDo does a really good job shipping. I used the boxes for the GT2000L they sent me to ship a Kenwood KD-550 to a customer. I emulated the internal packing they did because the KD-550 is smaller than the GT2000. The table arrived at destination as shipped from here.
 
This
When you get it, make sure you take pictures of it before you open it and while you open it, every little step, all sides top and bottom all packaging, even before you take the tape off once its out of the bubblewrap, thats what I did when I received my order from Unisound, my dust cover had a crack, and there was a small crush on the back corner of the plinth, I emailed them to let them know, they asked for detailed pictures and a few days later they offered me some monetary compensation to which I was overjoyed with. We are not allowed to discuss prices here but ill say this much, my GT-2000 final cost was a tiny bit more than the cost of buying a GT-1000 on Ebay.
This is great advice. I’m hoping it will be here in the next few days.
 
Well it made it! Despite getting wet and a huge chunk missing out of the box, it only has a sliver chip I can find so far, and I think that was how it was wrapped. E26EC572-7C47-4A71-80E1-1A1D72D0B49D.jpeg556E0E49-A3B3-4863-BCEF-A4B3409A44D6.jpeg
 
I’m new to posting here but I have purchased a dozen TTs from HiFiDo and highly recommend them! Professional service and unbelievably great packing.
Just my 2cents
I support you 100%! That is who I got my GT-2000L from and it arrived in three days and with no damage what-so-ever. I think the key is that they get it to you the quickest way, and you pay for it. It means the least amount of handling, with the shortest turnaround reducing risk. Just my opinion. But not the cheapest way to shop. But very low risk and that is something I like. I hate building up my expectations only to be disappointed.
 
Greetings,

I have been a silent observer and I enjoy all the great info on AK.

I do have a question, I own two GT-2000s, a GT-2000L and a GT-2000 w/YAS-2.

I have searched on here regarding aftermarket YOP-1 power supplies but did not find any actual names of any companies (I’m sure I missed it)

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
 
Last edited:
Greetings,

I have been a silent observer and I enjoy all the great info on AK.

I do have a question, I own two GT-2000s, a GR-2000L and a GR-2000 w/YAS-2.

I have searched on here regarding aftermarket YOP-1 power supplies but did not find any actual names of any companies (I’m sure I missed it)

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Welcome to AK Kevin!

This thread has a ton of information. The key takeaway regarding the after market YOP-1 is that there seem to be a few of them. Perhaps get the one with the better power handling?
 
So this guy just uses lots of bubble wrap? No styrofoam to create a barrier around the body?

live and learn! I stumbled onto this wonderful site after ordering, I would’ve known better. No styrofoam. But it was double boxed in 2 levels bubble wrap, only thing that saved it.
 
live and learn! I stumbled onto this wonderful site after ordering, I would’ve known better. No styrofoam. But it was double boxed in 2 levels bubble wrap, only thing that saved it.

Was it insured? That picture looks pretty incriminating.
 
It was obviously abused during shipping. Difficult to protect against that, though hifido type packaging would probably have done a bit better.
 
Back
Top Bottom