• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jbl

  1. Ridgeback

    JBL L100A Jantzen Crossover project with photos.

    A while back I inquired here about doing either the "Murphy" crossover or the commercially sold "Jantzen" crossover "upgrade" for the L100. Several people in this forum including leesonic and especially Richard Swerdlow were kind enough to go out of their way to produce a diagram and a parts...
  2. grandpaslab

    4311s: 'wave 'em or sell 'em?

    I have a pair of JBL 4311 monitors. The drivers are all in good shape and the crossover has been rebuilt, basically stock but with better components. Cosmetically they a a little rough--not terrible, but some dings and scratches. I've never liked the way they sound--the treble is harsh/glaring...
  3. T

    A few speaker options to choose from (pairing with a Marantz 2240)

    Howdy! Bought a house & moving to another state, so why not pick up some vintage speakers on the drive?! I have a Marantz 2240 feeding some EPI m100's right now and they sound pretty damn good to my ears. Picking up a pair of EPI 120b fer $50 on the way to see how they fair against the m100's...
  4. D

    JBL 4825 - Free Dump Find

    Hi All, Found these at the local dump at the weekend.. Seems a shame to have them crushed so saved and planning to restore. Any advice would be great
  5. E

    JBL L110 resources

    Hi All, Just picked up a great-looking and great-sounding JBL L110s, refoamed and recapped. I've looked around a bit, and I'm trying to find some stands for these. I found some custom ones for the L100s on ebay...
  6. M

    Marantz 2270 and jbl l112?

    I am owner of a marantz 2270 and I am looking for the perfect match! Do you think that the jbl l112 will perform at it's best with the 2270?
  7. 2manyspkers

    JBL L19 confused about woofers

    I obtained a pair of L19 speakers with incorrect woofers and when I looked them up it appeared that the original part was the 116A However in researching here and finding a past discussion Help with JBL L19s It appears that the members conversing are saying that the 116H is the correct model...
  8. Rex Aeterna

    Brought home some more big jbls...

    Today I picked up some bins from an awesome guy. Had 4 bass bins for me. 3 jbl 4648 and 1 jbl 4645. Two bins have one loaded jbl 2225h woofer while other chamber empty(gonna put maybe 921-8a or jbl 2226j in for now) and one jbl bass bin has two loaded black replacement woofers he wasn't sure of...
  9. Baker_86

    What sounds best

    Hello Looking for input on what you guys like as far as sound on the new wave genre from the 80s (I listen to a lot of depech mode and pet shop boys) as far as what speakers give the best sound for that Era mainly having a lot of electronic sounds. Currently I have a set of epi m180's that...
  10. rbnjr2

    JBL L300

    i have just purchased a pair of JBL L300's and was wondering if anyone has information on upgrade routes to take with them. I have been told the crossover caps are film and will not need to be replaced. can anyone confirm this? The woofer can go from the 136H to the 2235 model.. the cabinets are...
  11. camerakid

    Realistic Minimus 21 on Craigslist for $10- Should I do it?

    I found a pair of Realistic 21s on Craigslist for $10, and they are in pretty good shape- should I buy these or a pair of JBL 2500s for sale by the same seller for $40? I really don't know. I have the $40 and $10 to spend, but which one is better? I like the compact size of the Realistics, but I...
  12. E

    JBL Northridge E100 Set

    Any interest on here in a set of JBL Northridge E100's?
  13. pantoramasan

    Altec N501-8A Crossover ID please

    I need help in identifying the year these were made and if these caps need replacing. They were connected to speakers which are in a home made cabinet consisting of 2ea. 15" JBL 130-B speakers (1950's)and one 375 horn driver with potato masher front, in each cabinet. When I hooked these up, the...
  14. goldswimmerb

    JBL LX-55 Refoam

    Hey guys, My dad has a pair of JBL LX-55s hes had for the past 30 years or so, hes taken good care of them, however the right speakers foam is pretty beat up and the speaker makes some pretty disconcerting (Sounds like the coil rubbing) noises at low frequencies. I was wondering how hard it is...
  15. asilker

    JBL 4311b gift

    Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. I hope you've all had some good time with your families. I've had some great time home with the in-laws, and my nephews are running about as I write this :) Just thought I'd drop a line and let you all know I scored HARD yesterday. My wife's uncle has talked to me...
  16. D

    super low budget drivers for jbl 4530 scoop bins

    Hi there, I'm looking for opinions between using an eminence gamma 15a2, vs a dayton audio pa380-8 in a jbl 4530 cabinet. I know they're not 2205s, but they seem close to what you want for ts specs in a scoop cabinet, and they're $100 ea, which I can actually afford- they will be crossed over...
  17. destroyerzx1

    Tube amp for JBL Apollo C51's?

    Picked up a pair of JBL speakers sat for $20, they sound pretty damn awesome on a emotiva xpa-2 and citation 22 but would like to hear them through a tube amp. I need it to be 16 ohms and around the $500 mark. I'm not against kits I just need some recommendations...
  18. mattking52

    JBL experts: help requested on identifying original drivers in JBL L96!

    Hi guys -- So I'm currently talking to a gentleman about a pair of JBL L96 speakers that he has for sale. I've been curious to try a pair of these for a while. He's about an hour drive from me, and I was totally willing to make the drive tomorrow, until I noticed a couple of things in the...
  19. Bubo

    JBL Compression Drivers 8 and 16 Ohm

    I'm looking at some JBL compression drivers. If I purchase the 16 Ohm model, can I simply change the Diaphragm to an 8 Ohm to get what I need? I'm looking at the 2446H-J Is there anything I need to look out for with these drivers, known defects or issues? I will be mounting them on JBL horns...
  20. asilker

    JBL D130 dust cap replacement

    Well friends, tonight I scored a pair of JBL D130 woofers. Sorry, I'm not home yet, but I'll post photos once in home. The previous owner was an older fella who passed. He cut the aluminum dust covers out because he claimed they sounded better that way. I'm interested in replacing them for the...
  21. bbug

    Water damaged cabinet. (JBL 4301B)

    Hello dear members, Today I finally received the speakers. At first they looked great, but...definitely it has water damage. droh was right. One of speakers bottom shows huge gap. And both drivers show crappy refoam work too. I need to do it again. It becomes a big headache. Jeez.. Any...
  22. What speakers?

    What speakers?

    One night I decided to put almost every pair of speakers I own in my living room and have speaker battle/party. Left to right - Outer speakers include: GNP Model 10, Model 20 & Valkyrie, Infinity SM-125 Top include:Yamaha NS-A635 & Venturi ? Very top also include: Polk Reference...
  23. JBL 4310

    JBL 4310

  24. New/Old

    New/Old

    LS6-JBL SVA1600-X-VOCE
  25. CIMG5907

    CIMG5907

Back
Top Bottom