Okay, maybe it isn't the ugliest ever, but it's pretty bad.
Does anyone know of an uglier one?
I've seen some wooden ones that were not pretty.
I'm not saying it doesn't work well, just that it's ugly.
Even uglier is the way the nibs erode away and the fact the it's practically impossible to align with a modern cartridge. Not sad that I have a new wand on mine with a bayonet mount.
Ortofon has an entire line of Concorde cartridges. Although I'd never buy one they are somewhat popular with DJ's. I've always thought they were sort of elegant in a minimalistic way.
Even uglier is the way the nibs erode away and the fact the it's practically impossible to align with a modern cartridge. Not sad that I have a new wand on mine with a bayonet mount.
It's kinda retro in a way. (In fact, I think that whole series was a reboot of an old design.) But it looks like it is cast out of iron and weighs several pounds. That would be nice if you didn't like a few songs on an LP and wanted to shear off the first couple of tracks on each side and make a 10" EP out of it.
Ortofon has an entire line of Concorde cartridges. Although I'd never buy one they are somewhat popular with DJ's. I've always thought they were sort of elegant in a minimalistic way.
Perhaps, but it makes perfect engineering design sense as a plug-in. Better would be integrated directly to the arm.
Ortophon had the SPU integrated headshell LOMC.
I know people rave about the sound, but I cannot get past the brutally ancient look of the SPU myself. Makes these thin Ortofons already mentioned look like something from the future.
Okay, maybe it isn't the ugliest ever, but it's pretty bad.
Does anyone know of an uglier one?
I've seen some wooden ones that were not pretty.
I'm not saying it doesn't work well, just that it's ugly. View attachment 1396520