• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What tv show are you currently binging?

I am really taken by "Patience" on PBS, trying not to miss an episode. Same with Grantchester, which I understand is the last season.

Patience is an English adaptation of the French "Astrid And Raphelle," which I also find very good, but seems to be on and off on our local PBS station. My have to get the DVD's...

Footnote....A & R apparently not available on DVD :(
 
Last edited:
Finished The Last Ship on Netflix last week - 56 episodes through a number of crises over 5 seasons (a TNT show from 2014-2018). Nicely told.

Next up is resuming Death in Paradise - a british Murder Mystery show on a Caribbean island. I set the DVR to record it last fall
and we wound up with a ton of episodes. Nice scenery, raggae music here and there, current police chief is scottish.
Watch a couple episodes after dinner - Popcorn TV.
 
Finally finished "Damages" (2007-12) and consider it the "jewel" for this year's TV series find for me.

Why? for the following:

Engaging plot...unpredictable
authentic acting...all actors
dynamic action...some gore
writing's tight...little padding
background music/special effects...well chosen
camera use-exceptional
ending...logical with a twist

Well worth the time to take in!

Q
 
Finally finished "Damages" (2007-12) and consider it the "jewel" for this year's TV series find for me.

Why? for the following:

Engaging plot...unpredictable
authentic acting...all actors
dynamic action...some gore
writing's tight...little padding
background music/special effects...well chosen
camera use-exceptional
ending...logical with a twist

Well worth the time to take in!

Q
Based on your good review, we started watching Damages tonight ... via Prime
 
"Trying," a British sitcom on Apple TV. It's about an infertile couple jumping thru hoops to adopt. Cute, funny and endearing.
 
Took in "Troy" (2004-05) last night.

Wanted to see it a second time before viewing the new "Odyssey" (2hrs/42 min).

The 22 year old movie was time dated to a degree, but the special effects were great for its time period!

And there were some heavy hitters in this production.

Now to compare.

Q
 
Binged Ride or Die limited series. Comedy spy buddy series. Lots of action and nice location shooting. Pretty funny in some places and some interesting twists and turns as it progressed. Not bad!
 
Justified

The wife and I started watching Justified. This is the second time for me and her first. She likes it a lot. I am reminded of just how damn good this TV series is. If you haven't seen it, then you should if cop shows are your thing. For me, the first few minutes of the series opening episode rank near the top for any TV series.
 
Started in on Landman S01 a few days ago, am through E06. I'll finish E01. Love the oil tech stuff re NRG upstreaming operations material but am getting bored with the usual Sheridanesque Soap Opera" junk ... especially can't stand the ex wife character and am already FFWD'ing those scenes.

I've already DL'd S0w ... it's very doubtful I'll get to it before I'm back to Nairobi, in which case I'll not see it for at least 10-11 months since when I'm in my Nairobi house I watch no television or movies from the Global North EXCEPT musicals, especially MGM productions of the 1930s > circa 1942.
 
Pompeii: Out of Time w/ Tom Hiddleston (Spectrum/NatGeo channel)
pompeii.JPG

A speculative docu-drama of the events around the eruption of Mt Vesuvius and destruction of Pompeii 79AD

It's an entertaining 3 show recounting - heavy on interpreting the historical record. Sometimes the melodrama that Tom lays on gets as thick as the ashfall that Pompeii must have endured. It was enjoyable - especially since I had it on the dvr and could FF thru the many commercial breaks.
 
Last edited:
Timeless. Good, but not great. The paradoxes they create are laughable, but I'm a sucker for time travel stuff, so I can suspend disbelief most of the time. I thought it was funny that they thought they had to make JFK survive to be president so a nuclear war wouldn't happen. Politics snuck in...
They stole that idea from Steven Kings novel "11/22/63" - time traveler saves JFK and the world ends up turning out way worse off...
 
Started in on Landman S01 a few days ago, am through E06. I'll finish E01. Love the oil tech stuff re NRG upstreaming operations material but am getting bored with the usual Sheridanesque Soap Opera" junk ... especially can't stand the ex wife character and am already FFWD'ing those scenes.

I've already DL'd S0w ... it's very doubtful I'll get to it before I'm back to Nairobi, in which case I'll not see it for at least 10-11 months since when I'm in my Nairobi house I watch no television or movies from the Global North EXCEPT musicals, especially MGM productions of the 1930s > circa 1942.
We fast forward through most of the scenes with the wife and dumb as a rock daughter, but the rest of the characters are great. Sheridan has said the wife and daughter a caricatures of small town Texans that only care about football and looking good....
 
I just finished a re-watch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with friends.

The last show I binged was the first seven seasons of The Big Bang Theory that someone gave me. I just got the rest of the discs so I'll start on them soon.
 
They stole that idea from Steven Kings novel "11/22/63" - time traveler saves JFK and the world ends up turning out way worse off...
They stole that idea from Steven Kings novel "11/22/63" - time traveler saves JFK and the world ends up turning out way worse off...
I REALLY liked that one. That one was more plausible in how they handled it. Without spoilers, let's just say a different man followed Kennedy ;)
 
Started in on Landman S01 a few days ago, am through E06. I'll finish E01. Love the oil tech stuff re NRG upstreaming operations material but am getting bored with the usual Sheridanesque Soap Opera" junk ... especially can't stand the ex wife character and am already FFWD'ing those scenes.

I've already DL'd S0w ... it's very doubtful I'll get to it before I'm back to Nairobi, in which case I'll not see it for at least 10-11 months since when I'm in my Nairobi house I watch no television or movies from the Global North EXCEPT musicals, especially MGM productions of the 1930s > circa 1942.
Yeah, to keep the women watching it seems they always have to fall into "soap opera" mode. Suits did it BAD after season 3. I was there for the courtroom stuff but in one case they just glossed over that aspect and went straight into the he'in' and She'in' in great detail. Don't care. That's why my wife is binging Grey's anatomy right now and I've tried to watch but just not my thing. It needs more car chases. :p
 
Back
Top Bottom