Well, after about two months of finding cart that will be compatible with GT 2000, I have already choose one!
Below is my opinion about carts I have tested:
1. Shure V-15 type V - to compliant for YA-39, not usable.
2. Denon DL-103 - to much bass, not enough detailed, for me nothing special.
3. Ortofon Quintet Black S - super detail, bass, mids, treble, great for every kind of music, but after longer listening i was tired.
4. Ortofon SPU Royal - Nearly good, first impression was good, I've never heard this kind of sounding cart, good detail, almost smooth like i want to be, but mids are to dominant.
I knew that SPU's is way i want to go.
5. Otrtofon SPU Classic GM E MkII - Better sounded then Royal, smooth, super bass sound super natural, musically but... not enough detailed for me.
Final one - Otrtofon SPU Synergy GM - for me best cart I've ever heard, super natural - voices are spectacular, instruments sounded like live, super smooth, enough detailed. I find also that this cart are most forgiving for poor sounded and worn records I've ever heard. 100% pure analog sound, great.
So, thats not all, here is my new project, first prototype was made, two arms design, GT 2000 heart, impressions soon...
View attachment 1480403
Yes. I’ve only seen one or two go up for sale in the states and at highly inflated prices. The cheapest way to import one is to use a proxy like I did but make sure they know how to ship turntables. The more expensive option is HiFido.I’ve wanted to join the 2000 club for several months now. Is My only choice to have one imported from Japan?
Yes. I’ve only seen one or two go up for sale in the states and at highly inflated prices. The cheapest way to import one is to use a proxy like I did but make sure they know how to ship turntables. The more expensive option is HiFido.
I absolutely agree. $300 is nothing when it comes to piece of mind shipping a delicate part halfway across the world. I used fromjapan because I trust them after using them daily for audio parts and delicate collectibles but it’s always best to use a specialist if possible. My turntable happened to be a little cleaner than most examples and Hifido has been sold out recently which is why I sprang for an auction.It is also the safer option. We have zero reports of bad packing from hifido here resulting in a box of junk being received. The same cannot be said of other sources.
jblnut
It is also the safer option. We have zero reports of bad packing from hifido here resulting in a box of junk being received. The same cannot be said of other sources.
jblnut
Hifido is by far the best way to go. As myself and others here will attest Yahoo JP auction is a gamble. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Hifido does enough business that they get a negotiated shipping
rate that is far below what it would cost you to send it yourself by the big three carriers, especially for speakers. They are in no way overcharging for shipping and their packaging likely exceeds the original for shipping
integrity. As shinjinian mentioned sometimes it's worth it to use the auction and a proxy because you know what you are looking for and exactly what you will get...the key being sometimes.
Where you able to receive any restitution on the damage?I couldn't agree more. For those who haven't seen it, this is what a GT-2000 can end up looking like when shipped cheaply from Japan, with no insurance by someone who doesn't know what they are doing!
![]()
P.S. - Don't worry - it's all restored now!
Out of curiosity what proxy was used? Some proxies aren’t fit to ship a 4 pound figurine let alone a 60lb turntable!I couldn't agree more. For those who haven't seen it, this is what a GT-2000 can end up looking like when shipped cheaply from Japan, with no insurance by someone who doesn't know what they are doing!
![]()
P.S. - Don't worry - it's all restored now!
If paypal was used I’m certain the entire purchase was refunded without much trouble.Where you able to receive any restitution on the damage?
Where you able to receive any restitution on the damage?
I can’t find that hifido has any 2000’s at the moment, Just to get a feel. Yahoo JP looks like a joke but has plenty of tables.
There is one on the bay right now for $1900 and free shipping from Japan. That’s the best deal I have seen since I got mine.
If you haven't already done so I recommend signing up on HiFiDo's new arrival alert system. The alert system lets you list items you're interested in buying.I can’t find that hifido has any 2000’s at the moment, Just to get a feel. Yahoo JP looks like a joke but has plenty of tables.
I’ve been in contact with hifido. He said I would be #4 on the list to purchase a 2000. I thought it would take a few weeks, whamo he’s sent a link to a GT and is holding it till tomorrow for me.I’ve been in contact with hifido. He said I would be #4 on the list to purchase a 2000. I thought it would take a few weeks, whamo he’s sent a link to a GT and is holding it till tomorrow for me.
You don't have to pay first to get on HiFiDo's new arrival waiting list.It could be that they bailed but I understood him to say you must pay first to get on the list? I don’t have a Paypal account so I use my daughters. Have to get the funds and go from there, don’t know for certain that he’ll hold it me but if not I’ll get the next one. The unit is on his web site complete with a yal-1. What about a power supply or a transformer?