• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

I would love owning the stainless steel platter. I’m visualizing it on my black GT2000 - beautiful.

Is the price known yet?
 
Man those are nice. Last month when inquiring about a ss blank at 3 local Shops just the blanks were 780, 638 and lastly one for 400 bucks plus tax. Never could get a price on the actual work but I was just gonna pay the guy ever how many hours he would have in it, probably 10 hours alone in polishing. After seeing these I need to rethink my approach.
 
Received notification from Christopher at Artisan Fidelity today. The platters are completed and are in the process of being packed for shipping. Photos of stainless steel and copper platters provided by Artisan Fidelity and posted with their approval.

That copper platter! What does Christopher suggest as an agent to keep the copper shiny? Protect it?

Thanks!
 
Man those are nice. Last month when inquiring about a ss blank at 3 local Shops just the blanks were 780, 638 and lastly one for 400 bucks plus tax. Never could get a price on the actual work but I was just gonna pay the guy ever how many hours he would have in it, probably 10 hours alone in polishing. After seeing these I need to rethink my approach.

I'm guessing many hours to get those things to that level of beauty. Assuming the fit is good, it looks like Mark picked the right vendor for this project.
 
I was gonna give the machinist a motor plate and platter, shouldn’t be any excuse for a loose fit! I personally like the copper one better, copper is more expensive and will require occasional polishing to maintain a lustre.
 
Thanks! I've been looking for a good stainless steel cleaner/protector. Will try out the liquid.

Good luck, with that great turntable! :)
 
No you have to lift the tonearm out of the the tonearm well (hole) there are a couple of screws securing the tonearm mechanism to the turntable enclosure (the black particleboard). You unscrew these and carefully lift the tonearm mechanism out - see this link as it’s a PDF of how to install the YAL-1

https://jp.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/9/316269/YAL-1.pdf

808_state and mrtim6 thanks for you tips. The yal-1 is in the house and installation was fairly simple once I understood the meaning of the pictures.

It works amazing well. Thanks again.
 
Hi Doug glad you were able to do the install. I’ve had times where I got distracted by a phone call etc and the Yal-1 saved my gear. YAL-1 is a Simple device but very effective.
 
Hi Doug glad you were able to do the install. I’ve had times where I got distracted by a phone call etc and the Yal-1 saved my gear. YAL-1 is a Simple device but very effective.

Hi Tim, I'll call you Tim but please correct me if it is wrong.
I agree, the YAL-1 is an absolute must have accessory. It has already saved my stylus. Amazing device and so well engineered that a super novice like me can install it. ;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom